lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2017, 08:08 PM   #1
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 2012 G29 Harvey flood cart from an Auction

Well, this cart went up for auction and I won it for 1100 + fees.
Maybe I paid too much for it, but a decent G29 with everything it has don’t go cheap around here or it can be rusty from the everyday beach useage as it was a rental cart.
My friend looked at it and said it was clean underneath.
It does have water in the oil though.
It has fresh or sea water, I don’t know yet but it doesn’t really matter to much to me as we may big block it with a vanny.
I hope the rear is in good shape from the flood, it should be by who knows.
Suppose to pick it up tomorrow so we’ll see what I paid for.
I’ll post up some info along the way
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 281FA2F9-7F82-4C7E-B4D1-4F46C3FEB9D4.jpeg (63.0 KB, 0 views)
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2017, 05:52 PM   #2
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2012 G29 Harvey flood cart from an Auction

I have five friends that they didn't get their carts out in time before Harvey hit Port Aransas. One Club Car, one EZGO, and three Yamaha's. The Club Car owner got it running again but the water was hard on the brake shoe style rear end he didn't have any insurance. The EZGO owner had insurance so they totaled it. One Yamaha G29 owner got his running again because he didn't have any insurance. Another Yamaha G29 2011 owner had insurance so it was totaled also. The third Yamaha G29 2013 Conciser lucked out because he had his cart on a trailer and the water didn't reach his. My friend that has the 2011 G29 like mine with a six inch lift and 23" tires the water got up to the middle of the air box, 26" off the ground. I believe the Yamaha's with the enclosed Team rear ends
did better than the brake shoe style rear ends.
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 07:32 PM   #3
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Limited... we’ve seen about 30 go through the auction and some went too high to me being they all have been under water or someone just said it was to get out from under it.

Well I drained the oil, had water in the oil. Water in the cylinder. Water in the air box etc...
Took the carb off and it’s crap. Started taking it totally apart as the throttle and choke were stuck. Got the throttle assembly apart but I couldn’t get the chime bolt off so I just worked it and it’s free now. I can’t get the main jet out, it’s stuck and after so many tries it’s kinda stripped. So I just did the best I could to clean it up and I’ll put it back together another day.

Engine turns over by hand now after I took the starter gen belt off.
The starter gen was seized up. I got my crescent wrench and started working it back n forth on the pulley nut and now it turns.

It had no key so I bypassed the key from the back side with a jumper wire. 4 wires two are hot. One turns on the blinkers and fuel gauge. The other the headlights turned on.
Well jumping both and it still wouldn’t crank over when the pedal is pressed.

I went into this figuring or knowing this engine, starter or relays etc... may be junk. So my initial plan was to big block it if it was junk in any of these areas. The cart is pretty clean over all and I want to big block one of the carts I have. This has to be the one to do it to. It’s gonna get a V twin either a vanny or the predator 22.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:46 PM   #4
yamahag1cart
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Following this one for sure Black!
yamahag1cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 09:09 PM   #5
expo
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I was wondering if drowned carts could be profitable to repair. This is going to be interesting.
expo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 09:53 PM   #6
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

I was talking to one guy that said he’s been buying them from here and the other auction. I guess he got outbid on this one and another one as he said if I wanted to sell it right now before I loaded it up. I said nah I’ll take my chances on it. Well he told me he flips them quick, drains oil, new oil etc.. and lists them and they sell quick. We have beaches all around this area and I’ve seen carts on Clist go pretty quick when listed. I guess if he can make 500-1k a cart on a quick flip then he’s doing good. Too bad the new owner may not know what the carts really been through. I did notice on quite a few that were won, they were won from a bidder in Oklahoma. Which is about 500+ miles away. The people up there if sold to the public won’t know anything about them.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:00 PM   #7
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Still no progress on the cart, been busy lately, but today I took the vannys out and started to clean the carbs on them both. To my surprise, they were pretty much clean inside the bowl and jets looked good. I still did a quick cleaning with carb cleaner. Next is to fire each vanny up to make sure they run and then see about the Vegas swap kit.

I should do my best to fire the stock engine up also, to ensure it’s good. It’s worth something if it’s a good engine.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha