lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-10-2006, 07:43 PM   #1
roady89

Default Roady89's Controller Boost

Warning...use at your own risk!

This circuit is using a 36V controller and through a diode and solenoid you bypass the controller and add another 12volts to the pack. There is no speed control while under boost. This means as long as you have the button down (solenoid engaged) you will go as fast as the controller/motor/batteries will allow. When you have the solenoid engaged this will dump the 36 volts PLUS whatever you have as a boost pack. I am currently running 36 volts plus 72 volts boost. Thats a total of 108 volts while under boost. This has only been tested on series style carts and I dont know if it will work on other types.

The diagram below show a simple 36 volt pack plus an extra 12 volt battery as the boost pack.

Use at your own risk!!

The one and only.
controller boost - bypass

Last edited by roady89; 11-24-2007 at 10:30 PM.. Reason: Updated
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-10-2006, 07:46 PM   #2
roady89

Here is a couple of videos of the 108 volt cart.

Burnout
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O8aYEYHTQg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ3PZ7dDu6U
Old 12-10-2006, 08:25 PM   #3
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

WOW...that's fast!!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:41 PM   #4
Nate
Gone Wild

In the above drawing Roady has 72V worth of power in place of the single 12V pictured!
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 04:32 PM   #5
roady89

Here is the relay I use. I tried an HD White/Rodgers solenoid but melted it fairly quickly. These cost more than twice what a white/rodgers cost but they are EXTREMELY nice peices. They are Hermetically sealed so they can't get dirt or any contamination on the contacts. They are smaller than a white/rodgers also.

Voltage capabilities. 12-900 volts
Amp capabilities. 500 amps continuous, will break 2000 amps at 320 volts.
Triggers from 9-96 volts depending on the model.

Czonka Relay EV200

Czonka EV200
Old 02-11-2007, 05:30 PM   #6
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Default Interesting set up

Tell me more I need to know how the motor does from a dead stop to full speed. You hit the boost and it takes off with no trouble Give us some more info.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 05:39 PM   #7
roady89

Default Re: Interesting set up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639
Tell me more I need to know how the motor does from a dead stop to full speed. You hit the boost and it takes off with no trouble Give us some more info.
I dont hit it from a dead stop. I always use the controller to get it moving first that way I'm not pushing so many amps through it all at once. It usually spins the tires a little and then goes full bore. I need to inspect the brushes because I suspect some brush wear.

"So far" the axles are holding up and I dont hear any Ill noises coming from the rear end.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:00 PM   #8
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Default Video

The video looks as though you hit it from a dead stop. Have you had any trouble with it once you slow down and go back to the controller. How do you acitivate the solenoid to bypass the controller What kind of motor is it Factory or a after market.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 06:07 PM   #9
roady89

Yea that video we hit it right after the pedal was pushed....I at least get the pedal down before hitting the button. I did have some trouble with power going back into the A2 terminal but now I dont even use that terminal. Thats why A2 is not in the diagram. You could always use a second diode for A2.

The solenoid is activated with just a momentary push button switch. You could rig a micro on the go pedal to do the same thing. I have even looked at some steering wheels that have buttons on them, They will all do the job.

The motor is a stock 95 ez-go unit. I would love to have an aftermarket.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:37 PM   #10
Nate
Gone Wild

Default Re: Interesting set up

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89
I tried an HD White/Rodgers solenoid but melted it fairly quickly.
I did the same thing, my White/Rodgers solenoid was fried after one day.
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!