lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2008, 11:45 PM   #1
monstertruckr91
Getting Wild

Default motor swap from g11 to g9?

will it work and are the carbs any different, it says same displacement just wondering if its faster or has more torque

i picked up a complete g11 rear cradle with motor and rearend,starter and tires for less than 20 bucks
monstertruckr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2008, 12:39 AM   #2
shawn.m
Gone Wild

Default Re: motor swap from g11 to g9?

so what are you selling off the g9?
shawn.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:48 AM   #3
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertruckr91 View Post
will it work and are the carbs any different, it says same displacement just wondering if its faster or has more torque

i picked up a complete g11 rear cradle with motor and rearend,starter and tires for less than 20 bucks
Awesome!!! What a deal! That thing will scream when you get it installed. The jets may be a little different on the carb. (not absolutely sure) but you may be able to use it. I would try it anyway. Are you going to build a plate to set the engine on? I believe that is route I would go and just do away with the G9 motor mount system all together.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:19 AM   #4
monstertruckr91
Getting Wild

not sure which way ii wanna go the g9 motor runs great i figure run it till it dies then try to figure a swap out
Old 11-19-2008, 08:20 AM   #5
monstertruckr91
Getting Wild

i was going to sell it but im headed in a new direction with it i think
Old 11-19-2008, 08:25 AM   #6
shawn.m
Gone Wild

If the G9 motor runs I am not sure I would touch it. They are tough little motors. Make sure you put good oil in it and check it once a month.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:04 AM   #7
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn.m View Post
If the G9 motor runs I am not sure I would touch it. They are tough little motors. Make sure you put good oil in it and check it once a month.
I agree with Shawn on this. G9's are one the toughest little carts out there. My favorite to be honest. I would however, like to have one with a G16 engine and rearend setup. Something I used to think about doing a lot. My 99 G16 was the fastest stock cart I've ever owned but my G9 has always been my favorite. Mix the two and I think I would definitely be happy.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:05 PM   #8
shawn.m
Gone Wild

I would change the muffler on the G9 if your are going to keep it as it is one of major causes of motor failure according to Don at Plowmans carts. I believe it after removing my stock muffler and putting a dirt bike muffler on it. louder but much faster
Old 11-19-2008, 08:45 PM   #9
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertruckr91 View Post

Nice find! The engine and carb would be fine ,a remove and replace proposition, your "ignition lead out of the motor" will not match up with your wire harness (yours a J38 the G11 JF2 style)You would have to switch that and probably the coil also. Yamaha changed parts J38-G2/JG5-G9/JF2-G8 and G11's. No faster and no more torque. Now if you fabricated a "single" swing arm front mount and fabricate the rear brackets needed in the rear for the "panyard bar" on your G9, so you could use the whole swing arm,motor,differential you would gain- a more "articulating" set up (than the G9 front 2 point mounting) and the G11 diff's had "bigger/Beefer" axles/hubs and internall differential. Hope this helped alittle. Good luck on your build. Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:01 PM   #10
monstertruckr91
Getting Wild

i thought the g11 rear end looked alot beefier than the g9
and it also looks to be a direct swap bolt in i havent measured it but it looks close and i also noticed that the stock muffler is restricted a bunch so i got a muffler off a old 4 wheeler that im gonna put on it i believe its a 3/4 or 1 inch in and 3/4 out it was off a chineese 4 wheeler i picked up for the muffler
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha