lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #1
mother57
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006 Bad Boy Buggie Classic Front End Differential

I recently had an accident with my 2006 Bad Boy Buggie Classic, and the front differential broke apart.

I have had absolutely no luck finding a replacement at a reasonable cost. I was quoted $1,400 from Bad Boy.

I see axles going for $400 or so all the time, but none match the numbers on my differential.

Can someone please point me in the right direction to find a replacement front end, or a rear end that will work?

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo(4).jpg (67.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg photo(2).jpg (40.0 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (26.9 KB, 27 views)
mother57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2012, 11:41 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2006 Bad Boy Buggie Classic Front End Differential

You might try posting in the parts forum
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-carts-parts/
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #3
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

There was one offered in parts for sale in late November. Ad stated it was new on pallet for $450.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Wait a minute... Couldn't you repair that by using a housing from a TXT rear diff? BBB front drives are just converted rear axles, right? For about $150 you can usually find a complete motor/axle with some life left in it.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #5
Davemuzz
Getting Wild

I just "ran" out and took a quick cell phone pic of my TXT cart electric motor. From just comparing them , they look the same to me.

Check it out:

And....just a question....but what if you simply didn't connect the front drive back up? Or is that just as complicated as a repair? I suppose the front wheels ....yeah....I think I'm answering my own question. The front wheels are driven by the front axle's. So.....no axle...no way for the wheel to connect. I guess I'm thinking of a 2WD and how the hub just connects to a spindle.

But....could you not just call BBB and ask to speak to a "real tech mechanic" and ask them if a TXT rear end is the same thing? Doesn't seem like brain surgery. Good thing to 'cause I don't think those boys are brain surgeons.

Dave
Davemuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:18 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davemuzz View Post
.....................But....could you not just call BBB and ask to speak to a "real tech mechanic" and ask them if a TXT rear end is the same thing? Doesn't seem like brain surgery. Good thing to 'cause I don't think those boys are brain surgeons.
Those good ole boys didn't reinvent the wheel and they for sure didn't have Spicer/Dana do a custom design, so what you're suggesting might be talking to the wrong end of the horse.

Call Spicer/Dana. That is an off-the shelf differential, so they ought to be able to identify it from the numbers on their label and provide the name of the closest dealer if they don't sell to the public directly.

Also on the Spicer/Dana label. It has 12.44:1 gears, which is the stock TXT gearing.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:24 AM   #7
crash12888
Gone Crazy

how about pull it apart and have the housing welded back up and then have them add some more gussets to it?
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:42 AM   #8
mother57
Not Yet Wild

Hey everyone, thanks for your replies and suggestions. Can anyone tell me if the the black axle tubes can be removed and replaced with my different-sized axle tubes (and axles) if I but a new differential with the same gear ratios? All is intact, except the housing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (52.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg rear end.php.jpg (86.4 KB, 14 views)
Old 01-20-2012, 08:43 AM   #9
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Steel tubes in an aluminum housing, they could be pressed in, screwed in or the housing cast around it.
I have not had one apart and that might be the only way to really tell is looking at it from the inside.
No luck on welding your housing? might cost the same as another housing and labor.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #10
mother57
Not Yet Wild

Have you or anyone else you've talked to ever welded a differential housing and had it hold up a long time? Just curious, I wouldn't want it to be weak. And arent the clearances super specific? The weld might throw off how the gears mesh, right?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO