lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2010, 04:03 PM   #1
skimaniac6
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default New muffler

I have a 1991 gas ezgo with the 244 Robin engine. The muffer that is on it is some after market that drops down with a header but the welds on the muffler are shot. My question is what is the best option for performance? Do I go back to a stock muffler or try to find another after market set up, the cart is really loud and I'm not crazy abut the all noise no go option so I want to balance between performance and sound.
skimaniac6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2010, 09:01 PM   #2
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New muffler

Go with the stock muffler. The engine is designed to perform best with a certain amount of back pressure provided by the muffler.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:48 PM   #3
skimaniac6
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New muffler

Thanks, that is what I thought, I first need to tackle my electric problem if I don't go deaf from the noise first.
skimaniac6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO