lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2019, 04:14 PM   #1
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Leaf Terminal Cover - My Solution

Since we lots of you are having issues locating the leaf terminal covers, I came up with something new. I had three of the 3D printed ones given to me and tried with 3D software to recreate the file for printing but costs were estimated for on line 3D printing at $65 and up. The pics show what I did.

I had a left over 8" wide 8' long piece of black 1/4" lexan with a rough texture on one side. And my ex always wondered why I save old sh** for years, here is why.

I took the pieces to the fab shop and used the shear to cut a 5" wide strip and two 3/4" wide strips to work with. I used ACAD to create a layout of the terminal holes needed, plotted 1:1 on 11x17 paper. I taped this to the 14" x 5" base and used the hole center marks + on the drawing to center punch all the holes correctly. Used a 1/8" pilot bit for accuracy. I then used a 1 3/8" unibit to drill them out to about 1 1/8" dia. Just pulled the handle down on drill press to same place each time. I then flipped the base and drilled (cleaned up) the holes from the back side. One hole (accuracy 97%) was off a slight bit when the 1/8" pilot bit missed the punched point. Only a tiny bit of filing needed for that one termnal. Fell asleep at the drill press with the monotonous drilling of 30 holes.

Once I got it to fit over the terminals, I used black hot glue to glue the two long sides on. Then notched the end pieces for bus bar extensions and tap harness and glues them in place. I cut a 5x14"16GA aluminum top and painted it with truck bed liner. 6 tiny mounting screws and good to go.

An old cart windshield would be a good piece for this work.

If anyone out there wants to make themselves one of these for a leaf pack, I will plot a 1:1 drawing and send it to you for hole accuracy along with an aluminum top. Just send me a PM. You might find a local plexiglass shop that can cut/shear some pieces for you. Then drill away. A hole saw could be used for this as well, but the unibit gives much more flexibility with hole size if you need to adjust it some for fit. With a hole saw, lots of filing to enlarge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10 Module Terminal Drawing.jpg (95.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 10 Module Cover Pieces.jpg (155.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 10 Module Cover Fit Test.jpg (31.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 10 Module Assembled and Installed.jpg (25.4 KB, 0 views)
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2019, 08:48 PM   #2
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Default Re: Leaf Terminal Cover - My Solution

That looks good Gary! Great job and awesome alternative to the traditional Leaf terminal covers
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 09:32 PM   #3
brad2388
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Perfect!
brad2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 10:16 PM   #4
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Nice! Now I can see what you were talking about. This is a very doable option for anyone who doesn't happen a 3D printer laying around.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 07:23 AM   #5
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ingenuity at it's finest! Thank you for sharing!
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 10:37 AM   #6
Noonan
Gone Wild
Club Car

That looks good, I like the way you think.
Noonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car