lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2019, 01:38 PM   #1
plumber-pit
Not Yet Wild

Default 48v conversion

greetings , anyone have notes on wiring 99 txt 36v to 48v new alltrax Sr 48500 with albright SW 202 new solenoid FN-ki speed controller found all kinds of diagram's online ,no one has same diagrams all are different need to know how much voltage go's to key and installing forward / reverse switch getting 50 volts to contactor no sure i am connecting wires correctly i do not have a run switch ether diagrams are all over the board don't know which one are the correct for my install i don't think there is supposed to be current at contactor on top post i though the forward /reverse switch provided current t conrtactor
plumber-pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2019, 01:50 PM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 48v conversion

Whoa!

Welcome.

Punctuation helps. I had a hard time following. I like Alltrax' wiring diagrams, so I'd use those. They're on their website. Once everything besides the FNR and solenoid are correct, wire up the reversing contactor in accordance with wiring diagram that came with it.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 02:04 PM   #3
plumber-pit
Not Yet Wild

thank you , as you can tell my writing skills are not great ! can you tell me how much voltage go's to key switch on 48v system is it 16v or ?
Old 05-25-2019, 02:15 PM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Following the attached, you will see that everything in the low current circuit - thin lines - is pack voltage, which should be 50.96 volts for a fully charged pack.

I don't have a reversing contactor, but I would guess all control voltage is pack voltage.

Nothing is driven by the controller, except the solenoid pack negative. This is different than Alltrax AXE or stock. In other words, unless something within the reversing contactor assembly drops the voltage, everything is pack voltage.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DOC110-036-C_DWG-SR-EZGO-TXT-Wire-Dia.pdf (138.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-25-2019, 02:28 PM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

In case you aren't real good at reading wiring diagrams, start at the Charger box at the upper right-hand corner. Follow the line that says Interlock, through MS2, KSI (key switch), foot switch (which should be labeled MS3), solenoid, then to controller RED - KSI pin.

This is just helping you read a wiring diagram. Of course you also need to account for the reversing contactor, which will have replaced MS2, likely with an aux contact.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:24 AM   #6
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

This should help. It was easier for me to follow than the ones from the Alltrax manual.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8F257975-C119-4D00-81DD-471BB7228F99.jpg (207.2 KB, 0 views)
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 09:36 AM   #7
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

One thing to note on that diagram is that the f/r switch won’t get power until after the pedal micro closes. That was an issue for me, as it meant the reverse buzzer didn’t come on until the pedal clicked. I have the f/r puck located where the old f/r handle was, down beneath your knees. Also, it’s mounted upside down so that direction isn’t accidentally switched. All of that made it very easy to be in reverse and not know until the cart moved.

Not sure if this situation pertains to you, but wanted to point it out.
Old 05-26-2019, 11:10 AM   #8
plumber-pit
Not Yet Wild

how are you guys inserting pics
Old 05-26-2019, 11:18 AM   #9
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

After you click on post reply, there’s a paper clip icon at the top of the box next to the smiley face. Click on that and it will ask you to upload pics.
Old 05-26-2019, 11:20 AM   #10
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New Bitmap Image.jpg (67.7 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO