lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2019, 09:08 AM   #21
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ez Go Marathon Not Working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kuczak View Post
Yurtle- I thought about what you said and took the pot apart to inspect the resistor which turned out to be fine. Everything looked good that I inspected.

Andy- I kind of think it does have to do with the FNR switch. When I first replaced the FNR switch after the wire burnt up the cart worked fine 1 time. When I tried to take it for a test run it wouldn't go in forward anymore. But I still had reverse. I ended up finding a corroded wired from the FNR switch to the battery pack which I cleaned up and reconnected. Then I lost reverse when I tried it out. Then I figured it had to be the controller so I replaced that. Still nothing after replacing the controller.. Are there some sort of guidelines for adjusting the FNR switch?
I'll address "my" question. So you used your visual powers and deduced that the pot box successfully reads 0 ohms at pedal up and 2500 ohms at pedal down in reverse and 5000 ohms at pedal down in forward. And your fixed resistor is not bad.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2019, 02:29 PM   #22
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

See http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...o-forward.html

for adjustment.
Old 04-15-2019, 02:40 PM   #23
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Yurtle- I thought about what you said and took the pot apart to inspect the resistor which turned out to be fine. Everything looked good that I inspected.

Andy- I kind of think it does have to do with the FNR switch. When I first replaced the FNR switch after the wire burnt up the cart worked fine 1 time. When I tried to take it for a test run it wouldn't go in forward anymore. But I still had reverse. I ended up finding a corroded wired from the FNR switch to the battery pack which I cleaned up and reconnected. Then I lost reverse when I tried it out. Then I figured it had to be the controller so I replaced that. Still nothing after replacing the controller.. Are there some sort of guidelines for adjusting the FNR switch?
New info that might of helped. Anyway, keep us posted.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:34 PM   #24
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Ez Go Marathon Not Working

As far as adjustments no not really. You can have weak cam springs on the contacts and it will not engage the contacts to let it pass the juice. If the springs are weak and don't push the contacts together it will do as you say.

Just a suggestion. Take the F/R switch and move it back and forth several times. Also try backing off the nut are tighting it to see if it helps.

Also the micro switch in front of the controller has to activate for the controller to power up. Have you checked it to see if power is getting to the controller?
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:57 PM   #25
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

You cart should have this type of controller and throttle and solenoid and micro switch. Not the exact same as my picture but the components should all be there. (Mine are 72 volt stuff) The micro switch has to operate for the controller to power up before the cart will move. Make sure the small wires are on the right terminals as well.

Now as far as the F/R cam goes:

If you took the old one off and didn't put the new one back on just like the old one came off then it would only worked in on direction but not the other.So if you didn't check both ways you could have it out. You could also have the wires on the micro switches wrong.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:07 PM   #26
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

He could also, dunno, use a handheld meter?? His does volts, but maxes out at 600 ohms. Ohms law and a known voltage could give him what he needs.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:16 PM   #27
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
He could also, dunno, use a handheld meter?? His does volts, but maxes out at 600 ohms. Ohms law and a known voltage could give him what he needs.
Yes it very well could sir. I'm not saying anything about your info. I'm giving him info that no one else has offered to give. If he removed the F/R cam and didn't reinstall the new one right it will only move in one direction.
Non of you asked if he had power to the controller are mentioned the fact about checking the micro switch which he can do with his meter he already has.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:23 PM   #28
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I don't disagree Andy. Just bein' ornery late at night. Coffee done wore off.

Pot box is variable in one direction - 0 ohms to 600+ then OL, and only 0 ohms in the other, yet cart won't run in either direction.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:49 PM   #29
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

That's correct and again if the micro's aren't working then the Pot ant working.
The micro's work off the cam inditions to turn on and off if it's not right then they don't work and in turn the pot doesn't.

It's all a guessing game at best we are playing.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:33 PM   #30
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Ok I'll have to get a different meter then. Do you have any idea why it wouldn't be registering while in forward? I just replaced the FNR switch.
4/9/2019 or more "properly" 9/4/2019.

Then

Quote:
Ok I'll replace the throttle and report back. Thanks!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO