lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2020, 10:35 AM   #1
Roxxy88
Not Yet Wild

Smile Ezgo electric wheel issues

Hi. I’m hoping you all can help! You have fixed everything else but I’m lost on this one. I have a 1991 ezgo electric marathon golf cart. There is significant vibration at higher speeds. I have new wheels for it and was going to replace the bearings. Here is the problem, when I jack the rear of the golf cart up where the vibrations happen the the tire wobbles when pulled. We put new bearings last night but the axle rod physically moves back and forth when pulled. What part is bad and needs replaced? The drives side rear does not do this. Also noting the Inner bearing slid on and wasn’t difficult to pull or to replace. Thank you for all your help!
Roxxy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2020, 01:50 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo electric wheel issues

If UI am reading correctly what you have done.....during the rear axel bearing replacement, there should have been a snap ring holding the bearing in. if there wasn't, its way it would have room to move within the housing. maybe there was a snap ring on the drivers side and not one on the passengers side??
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 05:35 PM   #3
Roxxy88
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ezgo electric wheel issues

The bearing and snap ring are both in place. The bearing isn’t moving. It is the shaft moving in and out only. The shaft isn’t very tight with the bearing
Roxxy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 02:10 PM   #4
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Ezgo electric wheel issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxxy88 View Post
The bearing and snap ring are both in place. The bearing isn’t moving. It is the shaft moving in and out only. The shaft isn’t very tight with the bearing

The bearing should have to be pressed onto the shaft. If not you will need a new assembly.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO