lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2018, 10:26 AM   #1
Adrian0704
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo RXV Controller upgrade????

PLEASE HELP!!!
I have a 2011 EZGO RXV 48v. 4-12v Batteries. MODEL: RXV FLT ELEC. DATE CODE:F0711 . All original.

My original controller went out and I’m looking for another. I found two(2) Curtis controllers. They look identical. But one says RXV FLEET & the other says RXV FREEDOM. Does this matter or can either be converted to fit my cart? What all do I need to know or lookout for?

I would appreciate any help. Phone numbers or site to refer to.

THANKS!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 34259101-7B89-4F75-8EF4-8126639BB673.jpg (13.5 KB, 0 views)
Adrian0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2018, 10:39 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Ezgo RXV Controller upgrade????

Fleet is just a regular fleet controller. The freedom is the same thing for the most part but but set so it can run at a higher speed.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 03:43 PM   #3
jkredman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Electrically they are the exact same controller, just programmed differently. The fleet controller from the factory tops out at about 14.5 miles per hour. It can be programmed up to go a little faster.
The freedom mode controller is programmed to top out about 19.5 MPH.

That’s really the only difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jkredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 04:46 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian0704 View Post
PLEASE HELP!!!
I have a 2011 EZGO RXV 48v. 4-12v Batteries. MODEL: RXV FLT ELEC. DATE CODE:F0711 . All original.

My original controller went out and I’m looking for another. I found two(2) Curtis controllers. They look identical. But one says RXV FLEET & the other says RXV FREEDOM. Does this matter or can either be converted to fit my cart? What all do I need to know or lookout for?

I would appreciate any help. Phone numbers or site to refer to.

THANKS!!
The Freedom one comes with the Danaher to Curtis conversion kit. Because you'll need to convert your cart to the Curtis controller, the kit will make it a little easier for you to convert it.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 09:14 PM   #5
jkredman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Adrian:

I assumed, because you said 2011, it was after EZGO switched to Curtis.

If hour existing controller is grey, and not black, the simple answer I gave is not correct.

Please verify your existing controller is a black Curtis controller.

Thanks

Old 08-03-2018, 10:07 PM   #6
rngilliland
Gone Wild

Your cart has a Danaher controller. If you are sure a bad controller is your problem you can find rebuilt or used ones on ebay. If you want to convert to a Curtis controller I would get the conversion kit from Ezgo. It has all the parts you would need to convert. You can look at this link to see the parts included. https://shop.txtsv.com/speed-control...for-e-z-go-rxv

You can search this site for a post by Bob Boyce on repining your harness if you don't want to use the conversion harness but you will still need the controller mounting parts.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 11:54 AM   #7
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

The RXV Freedom one he found on eBay comes with the complete Danaher to Curtis conversion kit from E-Z-GO. I've bought one from him. It's a good price for the complete kit.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 07:31 PM   #8
Adrian0704
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all your help guys!! Truly helped me when making the decision to buy the Freerom controller with the full conversion kit. $599. Seemed legit and the complete kit. I’ll update you guys!

Thanks a ton!!
Old 08-04-2018, 10:27 PM   #9
jkredman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If your doing a Danaher to Curtis conversion with the wiring adapter & such, if it includes the EZGO instructions - warning those instructions are not very good. The EZGO kit requires you to splice 2 wires; an orange one & a white one. What they don’t tell you is there are 2 white wires in the harness. Splice the wrong white wire - you’ll fry your new controller. (I made that mistake.)

You need to find the white wire that runs from the back of the cart to the front of the cart. Do not tap into the wire that runs from the back of the cart to the plug into the controller.

Old 08-10-2018, 01:04 PM   #10
Adrian0704
Not Yet Wild

Hey,
Thanks for the info and heads up.
I did follow the instructions on the paper and after I was through. The cart still did not run. But it does seem to be getting power to the motor in the back and the selonoid. I figured I had some wire ran wrong.

So you think my controller is fried? I spliced the WHITE WIRE from the back of the cart that went into the controller. Then connected it with the new WHITE WIRE going to the 35 pin adapter. Should I try to follow what you said and connect it with the WHITE WIRE that runs from the back of the cart to the front of the cart?

Thanks for your help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO