lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2018, 12:31 AM   #1
Cgainer
Not Yet Wild

Default 48v Conversion Check List

Have an 02 36v TXT series cart. Batteries are in need of replacement so might as well make the jump to 48v. I already have an HD forward an reverse unit from Scotty B and cables already upgraded to 2ga. I’m looking at the #485 package and Yewy charger. Since the 485 package comes with new solenoid are these the only 2 items I need? Motor will be replaced down the road. TYI
Cgainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2018, 06:41 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 48v Conversion Check List

Cgainer.....THAT'S IT.....you are good to go. but just let you know. the STOCK motor will be TAX'ED at 48v.....so I would suggest you replace it as soon as possible. to make it last....either have Scottyb or yourself set the peak AMPs on the controller to 400 and you will be fine, then once you get the new aftermarket motor, return the controller to its PEAK output.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:49 AM   #3
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgainer View Post
Have an 02 36v TXT series cart. Batteries are in need of replacement so might as well make the jump to 48v. I already have an HD forward an reverse unit from Scotty B and cables already upgraded to 2ga. I’m looking at the #485 package and Yewy charger. Since the 485 package comes with new solenoid are these the only 2 items I need? Motor will be replaced down the road. TYI

Be aware that you may need longer battery cables as the posts on 8v batteries are on the same side not opposite sides like 6v. Also 36v series motors work very well on 48v, mine has been going strong for 5 years and counting! You'll love it!
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:04 AM   #4
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Just set current limit to 400amps and don't over-rev motor.
36v and 48v motor are almost exactly the same.

Don't melt & don't over-rev it will be fine.
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:45 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You will need an 8v battery cable set when you get new batts. Basically a set of five 16" cables
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 03:34 PM   #6
Cgainer
Not Yet Wild

Thanks all. I have 30’ of 2 ga cable ready to be made into a set. Looking forward to the upgrade. Hopefully the days of going less than 10mph uphill are over.
Cgainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO