lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2019, 09:53 PM   #1
sacrider
Not Yet Wild

Default Chassis recommendation for 52v li-ion conversion and project reality check

Hi buggie fanatics,

I do a lot of e-bike conversions and now I have my eye on converting a golf cart. Unfortunately, there aren't nearly as many resources online for li-ion conversions in the golf cart space as there is in the bike world. I'm looking for a used 48v cart and could use some advice for what model I should buy. I happen to already have some 52v li-ion batteries and want to use them for the conversion. It's totally flat where I live, I don't need more than 10 miles of range, and don't need to go faster than 20mph. The cart will be used to move the kids around the neighborhood and that's about it. My 52v batteries will put out 40amps continuous and have about a 28ah capacity. I know that's not much compared to some of the li-ion cart conversions out there but my power needs are very modest and I already own the batteries and chargers.

My hope is that I'd be able to find a used 48v four seat golf cart with dead batteries and that my 52v li-ion battery would serve as a mostly plug and play substitute. If I have to replace controllers and motors, this doesn't make sense for me. Can any of you see any reason I can't just swap out the old batteries with my li-ions without having to redo all the electronics? Do I need to worry about being slightly over-volted?

Thanks!
sacrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car