lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2021, 08:14 AM   #1
Rasor
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha YDRE

Hi all,
I’m working on a 2015 G29 electric cart that had poor batteries. The guy who owns it reckons that it was cutting out, particularly going up hills. I tested the batteries and they did need replacing. I changed the batteries and went to switch the tow/run where I heard the solenoid do it’s normal click then it clicked out. I noticed the SOC meter light show full voltage however when I pressed the throttle the cart shutdown and the SOC meter light died out. I then changed to a brand new solenoid where the cart will run for about 30’ then shut down with the SOC meter once again dying out. If I turn the ignition off and back on again it will go again but only a short distance with the same shutdown scenario. It does have the original controller in it and I am fearing it is the issue.
I have worked on these before however I’ve not come across this issue before.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks
Rasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2021, 08:35 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha YDRE

Double check all cables and connections to the batteries. Sounds like a bad cable or bad battery that has too much resistance. That can cause the voltage to sag under load and the cart will cut out to protect the controller.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 08:55 AM   #3
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I'd agree with Volt on this one...Did you put new cables on cart? Put your meter on the the main positive and main negative and try and move cart...If sudden drop out start checking across batteries side by side and check for drop out across cables...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 04:41 PM   #4
Rasor
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys
I did check all the battery wiring. The odd thing is that I’m getting 42.3v on the controller side of the solenoid. It is a new solenoid. I mentioned in the previous post that it would run for a short time after turning off then back on however now it won’t and the SOC meter is not even illuminated.
Old 09-30-2021, 06:21 PM   #5
Rasor
Not Yet Wild

Found the problem, burnt out contacts in the key switch. Unexpected for a cart only 6 years. Anyway, keep that one in the memory bank. Thanks to those who offered advice.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha