lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2014, 12:22 PM   #1
jacef8
Getting Wild

Default Family Cart Build

Hey folks starting now to do research on a new cart for the family. It will probably be a 2/4 person cart because im having a hard time finding any 4/6 carts for sale. The plan is to find an old electric club car and begin to improve and replace with modern electronics. The cart will be used by the family so extreme speeds wont be necessary even though I would love to go 40 mph but wife may not be capable of controlling it. The cart will also be used by myself for quietly stalking those sneaky turkeys on our property. Never built a cart for my self but have helped on several others. I'm finding it hard to wade through all the opinions and terminology and combinations of parts to find the right combination to achieve my goal. Range and torque keep coming back to me as being the most crucial to me. The cart will need to be bale to travel roughly 12 miles on a charge given the size of our property. I know some will say that just get a gas machine but I'm in love with the thought of quietness. Im leaning towards the thought of a plumquick motor "bandit" with appropriate controller ONLY due to its stated MPH rating. I have not been able to decide between 48v and 72v battery banks but plan to use 6v batteries for increased range. Im completely open to suggestions and different thoughts. Thanks, Jace.
jacef8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2014, 08:29 PM   #2
derkdaigler
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Family Cart Build

Im kinda in the same boat ! Ill be watching this thread!
derkdaigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:20 PM   #3
Scott_nra
Getting Wild

Default Re: Family Cart Build

Me 3! Building mine now. Phase 1 is lift and tires, phase 2 will be to hot rod it a bit. I'd like to see 20+mph, be able to climb up some steeper hills without crawling, and get up to speed really fast/wheelies and doughnuts in the snow!

Hunting / off road priority.
Scott_nra is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!