lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2014, 11:37 AM   #1
Caspero
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default how can you tell if you have a high speed magnet

hey guys im having issues with my cart going over 8mph i thought the problem was a crack in the motor magnet but i guess that wont affect anything is there a way to tell if this magnet is a high speed one or not. i did the speed sensor test and sometimes it passed and sometimes it didnt so when i pulled the speed sensor off and found the magnet had a small crack i thought for sure that was the issue. maybe it just the speed sensor. trying not to waste $.
Caspero is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2014, 12:57 PM   #2
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: how can you tell if you have a high speed magnet

Caspero,

I'm going to really mess you up and some of the guys disagree what I will tell you. I have on 4 IQ carts cut off 40% of the magnet both types and have had no problems. The magnet will NOT be pulled in the motor if it comes off. The 2 magnets I'm tallking about are different but do the same job. One is solid with a 1/8 size hole or so and the other is just pressed on. When I cut both magnets and glued back on my carts would do 15mph or so on the flat, regen was gone. There are post that describe everything.
Steve
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:05 PM   #3
Caspero
Getting Wild
Club Car

interesting. so basically if this magnet is cracked or cut up and customized the speed sensor sould still read it.
Caspero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:09 PM   #4
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

pm sent
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car