lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #1
Ajones
Not Yet Wild

Default Motor Advice

I have a 2005 PDS.Currently I have installed a 6 inch lift,22 inch tires on 12 inch wheels,new Trojan batteries 8 months ago,Alltrax 400 controller,4 gauge wires,heavy duty 200 amp solenoid,back seat.I am still running the stock motor.I use the cart for hunting,campground use.I live around pretty hilly terrain and seems the stock motor is working hard to climb steeper grades.Seems to hurt run time also.Which motor would you guys recommend for my setup?
Ajones is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2013, 09:16 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Motor Advice

The 22" tires give you about 20% more speed, but are also costing you about 20% of the torque the motor generates, which is noticeable while climbing hills and while accelerating.

That 20% torque loss is offset by the 400A controller, which gives you about 33% more torque than the stock 300A PDS controller.

The net result is a faster cart with greater than stock torque with a higher temperature rise in the motor and a shorter run-time.

Speed, Torque and Run-Time are inter-related. You, change one, it effects one or both of the other two.

Going to a high-torque motor will reduce Speed and may decrease Run-Time.

To get a longer run time, you have to carry more electrical energy (kWh) with you.
What is the AH rating of your current batteries and how many of them are in the battery pack?

-----------
Give Plum Quick a call.
http://www.plumquick.com/
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #3
Ajones
Not Yet Wild

They say 190Ah and 115 mins. at 75 ah
Old 03-28-2013, 12:25 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Are you running a 36V or a 48V system?

What is the model number of the batteries, 190AH matches up with a T-890 (8V) battery while 115 Minutes @ 75A matches up with a T-105 (6V).
Old 03-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #5
Ajones
Not Yet Wild

Sorry,my son read the wrong batteries.The ones in the EZ GO are rated at 216ah and 115 mins. at 75.Im running 36 volts
Old 03-29-2013, 05:09 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The batteries are a bit undersized for the application, so the run-time will be shorter than stock.

As for the motor, give Plum Quick a call. http://www.plumquick.com/
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO