lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #1
ETX
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default V Glide Smashed

I have a 93 club car 36v. The cart turned over tossing the batteries and they snapped off and smashed the V glide to pieces. I need to buy an entire v glide assembly and fix a few other minor things. Can anyone help with instructions (pictures always help too) on how to hook up the new one and where is the best place to buy a new v glide. The prices I have found vary 100 plus dollars! Thanks
ETX is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: V Glide Smashed

I have a 94 CC DS. I got mine at buggies unlimited. Its pretty starightforward. There is a mechanical linkage and some small wires and a single nut holding the V glide to the frame.. For the wires, disconnect only one at a time and reconnect them to the appropriate place. For the mecanical linkage to the throttle pedal, there are several points you can disconnect it. I ended up taking out the nut from the shaft protruding from the V glide and then connecting it to the linkage to the pedal. Finally, the nut. It seemed odd to me that only a singlt nut holds the V glide down, but that is the way I remember it. Maybe someone else will chime in. Hope this helps. BTW, how the heck did you flip your cart?
kellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #3
rib33024

any one of our sponsors will have what you need, and they help keep Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum up and running, for all the good info you get here, or you might find a used one here http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-carts-parts/
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #4
ETX
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

That's another problem I have. When the cart turned over all the wires were disconnected except the lower two. I was not around when the cart turned and really haven't found out and may never find out exactly how it happened.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #5
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

If I remember correctly, there were 2 wires from the V glide. One went into the harness and the other went to the FNR switch. Sorry, thats all I remember.......
Old 08-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #6
Scott H.
Gone Wild

Club Car

I don't know if this will work for you, but ScottyB has a conversion kit for removing the V-Glide.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Scotty...rsion_Kit.html

(Look at the bottom of the page for a picture)

The best way to find out if it'll work is to contact Scotty, he'll be able to tell you more about it.

-Scott H.
Scott H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

This sure builds a case for Battery hold downs, don't it. Maybe just the Vglide case is broken? It can be bought separately for less than the whole thing from one of our good sponsors The micro switch in the Vglide connects to a power supply from the ignition and goes to the + side of the solenoid in most carts... this activates the solenoid when you press the gas, click ... click.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #8
ETX
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the help. I will contact Scotty B via email and send him some pictures of what is smashed and see what he can fix me up with!
Old 08-22-2012, 01:39 PM   #9
ETX
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

email sent to Scotty..here's a pic of the carnage
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 123.jpg (160.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-22-2012, 01:48 PM   #10
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

I think I'd replace it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car