lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2012, 08:52 AM   #1
jvernon12
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy Help! 2008 CC Electric Precedent motor issues

I bought a customized/lifted Club Car last year. It has original batteries, that have worked fine. My teens have used the cart at the racetrack and run it down to zero a couple of times (I know...not good). The last time I towed then, forgot to turn on the tow switch. Well... this was not good! The motor or differential locked up while towing. Terrible smell! We survived, but it wouldn't even roll. I got it home and ordered a new electric motor. Put that in last night, but still have no forward motion. Do you think I need to reset the computer? Or is my control board fried? Any diagnostic steps I could take would be greatly appreciated! Thanks from NC.
jvernon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2012, 09:33 AM   #2
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help! 2008 CC Electric Precedent motor issues

May also have controller issue . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:49 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvernon12 View Post
I bought a customized/lifted Club Car last year. It has original batteries, that have worked fine. My teens have used the cart at the racetrack and run it down to zero a couple of times (I know...not good). The last time I towed then, forgot to turn on the tow switch. Well... this was not good! The motor or differential locked up while towing. Terrible smell! We survived, but it wouldn't even roll. I got it home and ordered a new electric motor. Put that in last night, but still have no forward motion. Do you think I need to reset the computer? Or is my control board fried? Any diagnostic steps I could take would be greatly appreciated! Thanks from NC.
i think you took controller out, they hate being towed without switch in tow...............................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:26 AM   #4
jvernon12
Not Yet Wild

Hey guys. Thanks for the quick reply! I'll order a new controller. I got the motor from buggies unlimited and seem very good. Plan to do the same with the controller.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:45 AM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you should try some of the site sponsers here you may save some money and you,ll deal with people you can trust...................................
Old 03-31-2012, 12:04 PM   #6
jvernon12
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. I'll give them a try. One other thing..... When I bought the cart, they said it had a "high speed chip" in it?? It is very fast. From reading these posts, it seems like it's a programming thing. Question: When I replace the controller, will my speed go back to stock?
Old 03-31-2012, 01:26 PM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

that will be better answered by someone like scotty..........................
Old 03-31-2012, 04:37 PM   #8
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

IF it was programmed for Speed Code 4 via CC dealer, then more than likely new controller will not be set at Speed Code 4 . . the way they program them is directly related to serial number on controller . . . Tahoe will know for sure . . . now if previous owner had installed a device on the motor's speed sensor, then the speed should not change with new controller . . .
Old 03-31-2012, 04:40 PM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Whoa!!!! Don't order a controller! You probably don't need it. I've never seen a controller get taken out like that. It's been a motor 100% of the time in my experience. Especially with that rotten egg smell. Pull the motor off and take a big whiff. You'll convince yourself immediately.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:44 PM   #10
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Whoa!!!! Don't order a controller! You probably don't need it. I've never seen a controller get taken out like that. It's been a motor 100% of the time in my experience. Especially with that rotten egg smell. Pull the motor off and take a big whiff. You'll convince yourself immediately.
He replaced the motor already . . .
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car