lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #11
wrongway
Gone Crazy

E-Z-GO

Default Re: OnBoard Charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I'm on ScottyB's side with this. You do your research, and buy what makes sense at the time. Things change.

I deal with manufacturer's reps at work all the time, who drop product lines when they can't stand behind them, or when something better comes along.
Well Said Yurtle. The things people ask for or expect never cease to amaze me! No way could I work in retail. I would suggest Ebay, Craigslist or list it here under parts for sale, if you have had it for a year and don't want it. Things change and there is always new and improved, it may be best to wait until you actually need something before you buy it, IMHO.
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2012, 10:54 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I also have a ProTech charger (3616C) that I bought from Scotty and haven't installed yet, but when I get something that might be a lemon, I try to make lemonade.

When, and if, it fails, I'll go after the OEM (On Board Solutions) to stand behind their product if it fails within the 2-Yr warranty period I'm letting expire while it is in setting in the box.

In the interim, I'm happy to have a back-up charger for my PowerWise II and one that has a maintenance mode so I can leave my cart unattended for several weeks without having to worry about the batteries self-discharging.

Also, if I'm going somewhere I need to take a charger with me, I've got one that weighs <6 Lbs. instead of >30 Lbs.

Another thing is the selectable absorption time of 2 to 6 hrs @ 45.9V (36V charger) just might turn out to be what I've been looking for to equalize and/or desulfate my batteries periodically.

Personally, I respect someone that makes a decision to discontinue selling a product after learning it has reliability issues.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:03 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the support. Any issues that customers have had with the chargers were promptly handled by the factory to the customer's satisfaction 100%.

Some of the issues were a direct result of the user not following the manufacture's recommendations for install clearance. These chargers ran hot. Others were left on for months in a building where daytime temps reach 130 degrees. Some got wet, some got connected wrong, and all got shook up hard & filled with dirt... we fixed them all as needed...
Old 01-14-2012, 12:43 PM   #14
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

I have one on my cart that I bought from Scotty and it's worked perfect from day one. If there was ever aproblem with it I would most likely buy another to replace it. I like the onbrard charger vs the stand alone personally. There are times that I need to charge the cart while it's being used at church or where ever. It's really nice no to have to lug a charger around.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
1.............when I get something that might be a lemon, I try to make lemonade.

2. Personally, I respect someone that makes a decision to discontinue selling a product after learning it has reliability issues.
Upon review, I can see where my comments might convey a message I didn't intend, so let me try to say it better.

1. I wasn't saying the ProTech charger I got was a lemon, it was an attempt at humor.

2. My take on the situation is that Scotty determined on-board chargers in general have some issues, so he stopped stocking, endorsing and recommended them, but still provides support services for those that have them. I respect someone that does that. What more should be asked of a vendor?
Old 01-14-2012, 01:37 PM   #16
wrongway
Gone Crazy

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Upon review, I can see where my comments might convey a message I didn't intend, so let me try to say it better.

1. I wasn't saying the ProTech charger I got was a lemon, it was an attempt at humor.

2. My take on the situation is that Scotty determined on-board chargers in general have some issues, so he stopped stocking, endorsing and recommended them, but still provides support services for those that have them. I respect someone that does that. What more should be asked of a vendor?
Old 01-14-2012, 03:14 PM   #17
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

How can someone expect you to have a 365 day return policy open or not? Can you take anything back to Best Buy, Target, or any other store after 365 days? NO, most places have a 90 day at VERY MOST return policy. At least Scotty stopped selling these when problems arose instead of making money off something he knows didn't work. I respect the man for that, thanks Scottyb!

On a side note, Scotty do you have any of those digital battery meters that would look good installed in the dash of a CC Precedent?
Old 01-14-2012, 05:51 PM   #18
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:

Well, ........... You know it's not appropriate for the board

Charlie, I really needed a good laugh since went hunting the past couple days and saw nothing but 7 does. Thanks

Scottyb ROCKS
Old 01-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Thanks again guys. I only need to see a small percentage of problems with anything I endorse and I am looking for an alternative. Collectively, you guys are hard on stuff.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:13 PM   #20
Charlie_in_OC
Not Yet Wild

scott

Looks like you have have all of your personal nutswingers on your side.

Been hanging out with Randy from Wicked Carts? The attitude is simular.

@ grinds... Yes a issue when a "vendor" admits a product they endorsed has issues yet walks away from any problems.

Personally I'll take my business elsewhere.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO