lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2019, 04:34 PM   #1
Seang1989
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Hello and thanks

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the help over the past month. I bought a 2009 Club Car Precedent for use at my seasonal campground. It came with charger and spare seat cover from a local golf club for $1,790. Batteries are from 2013, bank reads 50.8V on full charge, individually they all read greater than 8.5V, good enough for this season anyway. Cart had a very dull finish. Pressure washed it, removed decals and stickers. I took up the mat and cleaned under that, adjusted the brakes, ran 16 awg black, red and yellow wires from battery compartment to dash when I installed bucket harness. I used bar keepers friend to even out the areas under the decals, then used Poly Glow to give it shine. I used ATF on the black parts. I covered the torn seat with the stock one they gave me. Didn't have a pneumatic stapler so I used small self tapping screws and finish washers. I added a windshield, rearview mirror and a RecPro light kit, campground requires lights and a horn. I installed 48-12V reducer with a relay between the reducer and the on/off switch, (key), that's what the yellow wire was for. I used the black and red wires I ran to put some LED rope lights under the cart. I also added some headlight film to to try to bring down the intensity of the LED headlight. Came out pretty good. I'm into it for under $2,100. Runs great, it will move pretty good unless the battery bank drops below 40V under load, then it will surge on hills. Mostly I charge it every night. Thanks again for all the tips and tricks. Pics attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg small club cart collage.jpg (71.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190810_190153.jpg (269.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190722_172959.jpg (111.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190723_201822.jpg (296.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190810_231200.jpg (188.3 KB, 0 views)
Seang1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2019, 06:27 AM   #2
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Hello and thanks

Shined up nicely! Well done!
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 10:29 AM   #3
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looks great!
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 04:32 PM   #4
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Looks good. Amazing those batteries are still going!
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 11:14 AM   #5
Seang1989
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
Shined up nicely! Well done!
Thanks. I used this expensive stuff one of my RV neighbors gave me to try. It is starting to wear off, not sure why, it's made for boats. I'm hoping to pull the panels off and paint it over the winter.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2019, 11:20 AM   #6
Seang1989
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf cart man View Post
Looks good. Amazing those batteries are still going!
I mainly use it on weekends at the campground. I was going Friday night through Sunday afternoon on a single charge, but I've started charging it every night. I'm good holding onto my $$ as long as they hold a charge. Once the bank drops below 40V under load it surges on hills.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2019, 07:36 AM   #7
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Congratulations on a mighty fine choice. One item to look at is your throttle type, i think that was the year when the Club Car engineers had nothing better to do but to mess with the MCOR design. These are the same guys that gave us the wonderful, trouble free OBC...yea right
I have seen 10 year batteries providing over 20 minutes of run time @ 56 amp. The customer just needed to go to the mail box every day, i was able to sell him a set of cables :)
Enjoy the ride
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lights, precedent, restore
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides