lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2019, 11:28 AM   #11
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1989 marathon

I did a search for 'Ezgo rear fender caps' 71-94 comes up a lot, New for about $32ish each
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2019, 11:32 AM   #12
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

That front cowl is the biggest pain to replace- but it’s worth it. Makes a big difference.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 02:59 PM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Well, she's a goner. It was a fun adventure for a short time but the journey has ended.

Pulled the motor, crank seal behind the flywheel was completely blown out and dangling loose. easy fix. I replaced it and put it all back together, it fired right up, no problem other than the clutch making a lot of racket. took it for a ride and it ran good... until the motor seized after about 5-10 minutes. I can turn it by hand spinning the clutch, but it's not easy. shes not happy. I'm not really willing to put the time and money into it that it would need to be right so I'll probably part it out or sell as needing an engine.

I tried :)

I'll probably list it up for sale as-is needing a motor and clutch locally and see if someone wants it. if it's not sold this weekend then I'll probably take it apart, sell whatever parts are good, and scrap or give away the rest. These OEM parts are to find (Carb, reeds, muffler, etc). after a quick search on ebay, looks like these OEM parts are worth quite a bit so shouldn't be too hard to get my money back and then some. Of course if I go that route, I'll post it up here before eBay.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 10:44 PM   #14
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
You'll have to excuse the mess in my shop... Had to fix my truck over the weekend and kinda been going non-stop and haven't had a chance to clean it back up to how it normally is yet... and the ezgo has a flat tire I haven't had time to swap and feeling far too lazy to push it outside

it's ugly. And going to stay that way for a while, I just plan to make it run and recover the seats, maybe add a rear seat. Then I don't have to worry about the kids beating it up. Once I'm ready to sell it, I'll replace the nose piece, the 2 rear fender caps and give it some paint and make it look the part. No sense in making it look nice for the kids to trash
Dang CP , yo shop is a mess and that cart is ugly wait, you already said that lol
Look what I found this past week for $450 . For my granddaughter. She loves it and after Papa worked three days getting this thing ready for the hills. I will say I did pretty well and slept good every night since I did clean it up and add four leaf springs I had laying around and of course this flip seat. The down side is I am a gas man and this bugger is electric. I am in training now on how I am going to maintain this for her. I think I can still learn even at my age
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart .jpg (309.0 KB, 0 views)
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 11:49 PM   #15
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
Dang CP , yo shop is a mess and that cart is ugly wait, you already said that lol
Look what I found this past week for $450 . For my granddaughter. She loves it and after Papa worked three days getting this thing ready for the hills. I will say I did pretty well and slept good every night since I did clean it up and add four leaf springs I had laying around and of course this flip seat. The down side is I am a gas man and this bugger is electric. I am in training now on how I am going to maintain this for her. I think I can still learn even at my age

Dont worry... shop is clean now and the ugly beast is outside. Mostly because it died in the middle of the yard and my back hurts too much to push it back to the shop lol

And let's be truthful here... the pink one is your color. The fictitious grand daughter this cart was for is actually you
Old 06-15-2019, 07:33 AM   #16
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

CP gave me step by step instructions last year on how to totally rebuild an identical two stroke that was seized up from salt water... he’s just afraid to try it himself [emoji52][emoji52]

(Obviously, I’m kidding… Had I known how much it would cost all in all I probably wouldn’t have messed with this one either, since I won’t get the money back out of it, but it is nice now!)
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 10:13 AM   #17
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:

Dont worry... shop is clean now and the ugly beast is outside. Mostly because it died in the middle of the yard and my back hurts too much to push it back to the shop lol

And let's be truthful here... the pink one is your color. The fictitious grand daughter this cart was for is actually you
Wrong. Granddaughter is real. She wanted a pink cart so I found her one. I wouldn't care what color it would be. I like the color of money when I wheel and deal so green is fine with me. I don't buy for myself. I rode enough golf carts in my 45 years of playing the stupid game
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 11:16 AM   #18
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Well, she's a goner. It was a fun adventure for a short time but the journey has ended.

Pulled the motor, crank seal behind the flywheel was completely blown out and dangling loose. easy fix. I replaced it and put it all back together, it fired right up, no problem other than the clutch making a lot of racket. took it for a ride and it ran good... until the motor seized after about 5-10 minutes. I can turn it by hand spinning the clutch, but it's not easy. shes not happy. I'm not really willing to put the time and money into it that it would need to be right so I'll probably part it out or sell as needing an engine.

I tried :)

I'll probably list it up for sale as-is needing a motor and clutch locally and see if someone wants it. if it's not sold this weekend then I'll probably take it apart, sell whatever parts are good, and scrap or give away the rest. These OEM parts are to find (Carb, reeds, muffler, etc). after a quick search on ebay, looks like these OEM parts are worth quite a bit so shouldn't be too hard to get my money back and then some. Of course if I go that route, I'll post it up here before eBay.
Oh no, that's too bad.
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 12:02 PM   #19
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabble Inn View Post
Oh no, that's too bad.
Eh, it happens. All in part of the game, I'm not really too upset about it. It was fun fir 10 minutes but cost prohibitive at this point to continue down the path of fixing it up right.

I've been considering dropping a 420 in it but it wouldnt have reverse, but would be a wicked easy cart to drop one into. just drill a few new holes and call it a day. I put it in CL now to see if someone else wants it. If not sold by tomorrow then I will part out the motor first and see if theres enough cash to offset a lifan. If so I'll do that, and the kids will basically have a big go kart for the summer lol. If not then I'll part out the rest of it. Well see what happens :)

I've got a club car ds I picked up that I'd rather focus on. It's in a lot nicer shape than this anyway, I just got it because a complete gas cart for $250 you really cant go wrong!
Old 06-15-2019, 04:36 PM   #20
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Hmmm... perhaps a false alarm? I left it in the middle of the yard yesterday where it died and havent touched it since. I mowed today and had to move it. I hopped in out of habit, flipped the key and hit the gas. Drove the thing into the workshop and then it died again. Battery is pretty much completely dead so its on a charger now.

I dont know how it would fix itself by sitting? It never "completely" seized, I could always turn it by hand spinning the clutch. But its HARD to turn past the compression stroke, it moved pretty free in between.

Question is... will these things run without a battery if you were say, to jump start it? I know an ATV, car, whatever will run with no battery. It's not the best for the alternator but theyll do it just fine. Will a golf cart? I've never tried to be honest. I'm wondering if the battery died, so the cart died. And after sitting the battery recovered enough for me to drive 30 seconds into the shop from its place of death?

Battery is charging now to see. I'm cautiously optimistic but not getting my Hope's up...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO