lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2014, 10:46 PM   #1
jfs51765
Not Yet Wild

Default Predator 420 swap

I got a western golf cart converted to gas engine (predator 420).
I am a newbie and would like assistance on how to install a pulse timing fuel pump on my engine since i have to relocate my fuel tank lower than the carburator.

Thank you in advance for the assistance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg western.jpg (41.9 KB, 0 views)
jfs51765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2014, 08:09 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Predator 420 swap

There's lots of info here about this. Typically you want to mount your fuel pump as close to the carb as possible, and up on top of the engine if you can. Then, buy a carb spacer that has the pulse fitting on it for $15. Then plumb in a brass "T" fitting in the supply line and run a return line back to the tank. This should get you going.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 06:00 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Or you can put it in the valve cover like this pic.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/clone...tml#post769005
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 09:35 PM   #4
jfs51765
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the fuel pump assistance.
I have installed the pulse timing fuel pump and vacuum or pulse is from the valve cover (existing hole already). After fuel pump and fabricated air filter (sink drain pipe and pvc reducer/enlarger to fit the air filter) install it wont start anymore so i went back to the original air box setup still it wont start, so i resorted to a direct fuel delivery system (using pet bottle and a hose) again it wont start, then i removed the carburator to check for any line obstruction and cleaned it still it wont start. before the installation of fuel pump and air filter it starts fine 1 click from the ignition or 1 pull of the rope starter. can you help or guide me on what to do, i am really a newbie with this project of mine.

Thanks again for the assistance.

Last edited by jfs51765; 10-28-2014 at 09:38 PM.. Reason: cant attach photos
Old 10-28-2014, 09:55 PM   #5
jfs51765
Not Yet Wild

Dont know how to attach new pics
Old 10-28-2014, 10:09 PM   #6
jfs51765
Not Yet Wild

Air filter, pulse timing fuel pump, pump setup and pet bottle fuel delivery system
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20141029_095305.jpg (198.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20141029_094831.jpg (206.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20141029_095526.jpg (210.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20141029_095005.jpg (202.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-28-2014, 11:26 PM   #7
LVCJ
going,.. going,.. gone!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfs51765 View Post
Thanks for the fuel pump assistance.
I have installed the pulse timing fuel pump and vacuum or pulse is from the valve cover (existing hole already). After fuel pump and fabricated air filter (sink drain pipe and pvc reducer/enlarger to fit the air filter) install it wont start anymore so i went back to the original air box setup still it wont start, so i resorted to a direct fuel delivery system (using pet bottle and a hose) again it wont start, then i removed the carburator to check for any line obstruction and cleaned it still it wont start. before the installation of fuel pump and air filter it starts fine 1 click from the ignition or 1 pull of the rope starter. can you help or guide me on what to do, i am really a newbie with this project of mine.

Thanks again for the assistance.
It sounds like a fuel delivery issue with what you stated. You probably already checked all hoses and connections and their correct position.
Can't tell exactly from pic, how is the pulse line connected to that existing valve cover hole? Needs to tight so not to loose vacuum.
Next, when you crank the motor, can you see fuel being pulled into gas filter?
Got to verify fuel is being delivered to carb, then go from there.

If no fuel getting to carb, then the prob lies with the pulse pump. Enough vacuum? Bad Pump? Wrong hose setup?
LVCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:02 AM   #8
Fish4ducks
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I see you are running your pulse line from the PCV valve I have never seen this done like this before on any of the clone engines this valve should be free or fitted with a filter. I am no expert but the only two places most of us use to get good pulse is tapping all the way through another part of the valve cover or tapping into the insulator on the carb(carb insulator is how my predator is setup and works great you will have to run a return line). I had the same issue at first with my predator once you get good pulse and make sure the fuel system is primed you should be good to go.

check out this link

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/clone...heres-fix.html
Fish4ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 04:12 AM   #9
jfs51765
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info i will double check hose connection and pump vacuum, i tried opening the cup under the carb to see if there is fuel in it, it does have fuel but about a teaspoon only. Thanks again for the assistance and will post again here if nothing works.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:46 PM   #10
jfs51765
Not Yet Wild

Double checked everything, pulse timing is good as well as fuel flow is good and still it wont start.

I have removed the governor linkage arm only and not the internals will this create problem with the starting of the engine, i tried pull start to prime the carb for about 5 pulls and started the engine first with electric start then pull start still it wont start.

Am i missing something to check, oil is at max level, engine is on flat ground, i have a brand new battery and i am at a mess on what to do next to have the engine running.

any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
cry:
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps