lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2019, 08:00 PM   #1
Gator01
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2014 RXV Problem

My 2014 RXV has been Great, till now. Was backing out of the garage and it stopped, locked up. Had to use the Aux. power deal to get back into garage,
Electric break seems to lock it out no matter what. Any ideas on what I should do?
Gator01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2019, 09:04 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2014 RXV Problem

A handheld programmer is your best friend right now. It will tell you what what is failing in the circuit to cause the cart to kick out the circuit. Where are you located in Georgia?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:46 PM   #3
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

If it's the brake that failed no handheld gives a code for it (Danahar variants way back would throw a brake slipping error though)

That being said the RXVs default means of conveying an error to the user is by throwing him or her through the windshield.

Put it in Tow and key to N(on) and see if you can push it freely. If it starts fighting you, or cant move a lick it will narrow it down to the speed sensor in the motor or throttle encoder in the pedal group.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 05:36 AM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
That being said the RXVs default means of conveying an error to the user is by throwing him or her through the windshield.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 06:09 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Curtis code for failed motor brake is "EM brake slipping", not "there is no code for that". It will show that in the "current errors" section when it happens. It will also list "EM brake failed to set" in the error history.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 02:38 PM   #6
Gator01
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It won't move at all when I switch to tow mode. I was able to disengage the brake with the aux power described under the tow/run cover. when I put back in run mode after everything is back to normal it seems to shift the motor forward and reverse then engages the brake again and wont move. Was thinking possible the solenoid? But from these responses, maybe speed sensor is that a hard change out?
Old 05-15-2019, 10:35 AM   #7
Gator01
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Update:
I checked the two fuses on the Run/Tow cover. They were both corroded, the motor break more so that the other. Couldn't clean down in the fuse holder very well. Also checked the run plug jumper, it appears to be corroded as well. After that I tried the cart and it did move in forward and reverse once then the same thing, it locked the break. Don't know if it was just a fluke or is the RXV that sensitive to current and could the corrosion be the problem?
Old 05-15-2019, 08:51 PM   #8
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Cg I've never seen that particular code but I'm sure I haven't seen them all yet. A bad (burnt) brake doesnt throw a code I've seen yet. Anytime I've seen EM brake errors it often means the controller EOL'd. As is usually the case with the most common one, EM Brake Driver OC.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 09:50 PM   #9
Gator01
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Got it up and running. Thanks for the info and help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO