lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2017, 05:48 PM   #1
alparmer
Not Yet Wild

Default EZ Needs an Upgrade

I'd like to make my 96 EZ a bit faster. It's a 36v with stock everything. What's the best bang for the buck to bring it to the 21st century. I think new motor, and controller but I don't know which. Lots on options on eBay and other places. I'd like to keep it at 36v unless 48 is the way to go.

Thanks in advance.
alparmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-13-2017, 08:50 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: EZ Needs an Upgrade

Which variety? Series or sepex? Go with an Alltrax controller for sure, it can do 36v now & 48v later. Stock motors can all handle some more voltage, that equals more speed. Whichever variety you have, controller & battery upgrade to 48v will get you more speed & much more power even with stock motor. I have never heard anyone ever say "I wish I had went a different direction than upgrading to 48v" (even my old marathon 48v upgrade), and I have done many upgrades. Staying at 36v is a limiting factor, but it all depends how good your 36v batteries are now. If your 36v pack is less than 2 years old, might be better to stick with 36v for now, and upgrade with a plan to go to 42v or 48v when the current batteries are used up.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:50 PM   #3
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Which variety? Series or sepex? Go with an Alltrax controller for sure, it can do 36v now & 48v later. Stock motors can all handle some more voltage, that equals more speed. Whichever variety you have, controller & battery upgrade to 48v will get you more speed & much more power even with stock motor. I have never heard anyone ever say "I wish I had went a different direction than upgrading to 48v" (even my old marathon 48v upgrade), and I have done many upgrades. Staying at 36v is a limiting factor, but it all depends how good your 36v batteries are now. If your 36v pack is less than 2 years old, might be better to stick with 36v for now, and upgrade with a plan to go to 42v or 48v when the current batteries are used up.
Great post!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 09:02 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

So - which drive system is in your cart?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo TXT drive system ID.jpg (205.7 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 01:01 PM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

IMHO, buy your upgrade "stuff" from ScottyB. Why? Cause he's on here and will help you should you have install issues. Fleabay.....not so much. His prices are very competitive. His "stuff" is top quality. How do I know? 'Cause I've bot his "stuff" and I'm always impressed.

FWIW
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 03:50 PM   #6
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
IMHO, buy your upgrade "stuff" from ScottyB. Why? Cause he's on here and will help you should you have install issues. Fleabay.....not so much. His prices are very competitive. His "stuff" is top quality. How do I know? 'Cause I've bot his "stuff" and I'm always impressed.

FWIW
WORD

Scotty has best prices - ships FAST - and has stellar customer service

Take his advice and buy his 'stuff'
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 07:02 PM   #7
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

have to agree with the ones above, Scotty has great prices and service
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 06:19 AM   #8
alparmer
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
So - which drive system is in your cart?
The cart is over at my inlaws but I'm pretty sure it's the series type. I have to go over and take a look to verify. I will drop you a note when I verify.

Thanks, AL
alparmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:42 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I've written a webpage on how to upgrade. The page includes information on determining which drive system you have. And lots of info on the characteristics of series and sepex drive, Each drive system's best application, and how to increase performance. Go here >

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/tech-help-.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO