lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2019, 03:20 PM   #1
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default 36 volt meter

A good member here send me a state of charter meter for my 36 volt golf cart. I am sort of new to electric carts so I need to ask a question.
I don't have a mounting bracket but I think I can use a 2 inch metal hole saw to punch the hole in another key switch plate I have.
Do I need this meter to be on a fuse and where would I get one ? I would think yes in case of a short.

What size wire do most use when doing this ?

I also would need that something to secure it to my mounting plate if I do indeed use this other key switch plate I have.

Maybe there is somewhere I can just buy the kit ? including plate that would go where key switch is and wires with fuse ?

I like the idea of it being right beside the key switch and really there is no other place left where I can see it because of radio and speakers. I was told it didn't draw enough amps to worry about it being wired to the key switch.

Like I mentioned this cart has a radio installed the left of key switch so no room on the left side.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 03:37 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36 volt meter

Can you post a picture of the meter you are asking about?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 04:06 PM   #3
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Sure but my battery is almost dead on my camera. One is blurry but it should tell you what I got. Hope this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meter.jpg (65.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg meter 2.jpg (76.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-09-2019, 04:34 PM   #4
Dwalls
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I would look at these, better than the gauge one that you have in my opinion.

https://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-meters.html
Dwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 04:44 PM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwalls View Post
I would look at these, better than the gauge one that you have in my opinion.

https://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-meters.html
I don't disagree, but $3.66! His is better than LED bar chart ones, as it's analog, and my wife understood it.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 08:10 PM   #6
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

yurtle , I used my 2 inch hole saw in another face plate I had and got this thing working like a charm. It was snug but I added a few drops of Gorilla Super Glue . It is not going anywhere now.
When should I connect the charger, when it gets in the red or just before ? Don't want to hurt these 6 new batteries. Thanks for you help here.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:06 AM   #7
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I don't disagree, but $3.66! His is better than LED bar chart ones, as it's analog, and my wife understood it.
Not to mention, I have a lot of old carts and I like to keep them looking somewhat original. Putting a digital meter in an old cart is like putting a GPS monitor in a Model T......it just doesn't look right.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 04:42 PM   #8
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

That came with my cart when I bought it. I cut a hole in a plate that I put over the ball holder. It didn't come with the bracket so I just cut the hole snug. Any automotive or marine store will have a bracket, or you could visit one to see how easy it would be to fabricate one. Simply a "U" shaped metal piece with two holes, like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Vol...41781114&psc=1

I used 16 AWG and a fuse.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO