lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2015, 11:00 AM   #1
chazdo2
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default 670 Predator help!!!!

I pulled the trigger on the 670 predator. I am trying to put it in my G-9. Figured I would just extend the swing arm and I was in. Its so wide I cant even use brackets to drop it down or the clutch wont fit. I have to put it on top of the frame. Then I though maybe drop down the front mounting holes to the front frame. I don't think that will work either. Any of you guys know what I should or can do? My welding is improving but my engineering skills are horrible!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5330.jpg (197.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5331.jpg (188.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5332.jpg (184.3 KB, 0 views)
chazdo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 01:58 PM   #2
Skoal82
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 670 Predator help!!!!

That looks like a ezgo clutch I think if you went with a 780 comet clutch it would be narrower

Also what is the distance between the clutch and the engine can it be shortened at all by cutting the crank a little shorter(I assume you are using a adapter)
Skoal82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 09:45 PM   #3
chazdo2
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Your right its an EZ GO clutch. I just slid it in for fittng purposes. Don't even think an aftermarket clutch with the crank cut as per the small clones I used will work.
Old 12-24-2015, 08:52 AM   #4
Skoal82
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think you can get an aftermarket clutch with the taper in it
Skoal82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 02:10 PM   #5
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

When I installed the 25hp Kawasaki V-twin in my G1 I had to cut the frame, box it and make new strengthening supports to make mine work. I used a Team Roller Clutch which took even more room.

Lots to change sometimes when you try to install an extreme "Big Block" in these carts meant for small engines.

I think you may need too install an aftermarket clutch as suggested and trim any amount off the crank that you can. I'd not use a taper adapter with an engine that big. It may not hold with the torque that one is probably capable of.
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 09:43 PM   #6
chazdo2
Gone Wild

Yamaha

thanks. Im not really familiar with the term " box it " with the frame. Do you have any pics?
Old 12-27-2015, 08:02 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Box it in means you cut out the part of the frame, then make pieces to fit flat in the hole(s) to replace the part you cut out (when you cut part way into a frame tube). You try to not cut out sections of the frame, just cut part way and/or bend it out. You can also weld steel onto the back side to beef that area back up. You can also heat the frame tube up and pound it in.

Most all drop the mounts on the front of the cradle and also move the cradle back some to fit larger than 22 tires. There are threads here on it.

Note than your engine will not move much at all in relation to the cradle, you just need to be able to get a belt on it. It will move relative to the frame next to the cradle and above the engine.

HF 670, mmmm, sure looks nice!
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 09:15 PM   #8
chazdo2
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Again you have made the hard to understand simple!! This site and especially you have helped me so many times. I am making the brackets to drop down the motor and have made the cradle copying " smokindawg" BUDGE build. Be working on it tomorrow see what happens. Thanks to all of you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2016, 09:45 AM   #9
backwoodboys11
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

i cant really tell in the first photo,but how much room do you have to change the oil filter. the reason i ask is i put one on a mule and had to put a oil filter relocation kit on because i could not find another filter that short.
backwoodboys11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 10:54 AM   #10
Brian Boyer
Gone Wild

Too much talky talk... Couldnt get past the 15second mark..

What kind of dyno figures did they get?
Brian Boyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps