lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2009, 10:14 AM   #11
yzeffer
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Briggs 18 hp Twin II for G9

Hey buckmaster, I just finished setting one of those engines in my G9. Its in this forum somewhere under opposed twin 18hp in a G9. Dont know if it will help any but there are some pics. Havent got around to getting it running around just yet but hopefully soon.
yzeffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2009, 07:10 AM   #12
yzeffer
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I saw in another post you got your cart up and running. Hows it run for power and what size tires do you have mounted up? You smoked me at building a cart. I need a little more time and a couple of rims before I can make mine move. Glad to see that belt worked out too.
yzeffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:21 AM   #13
buckmaster
Not Yet Wild

yzeffer, yes, thanks for the info on the belt, worked perfect. I am running about six inches of lift, that I built, and 22x11-8 tires on back, 20x7-8 up front and a power kit. The engine is very tight, very little room to adjust, as I am sure you know. I just drove the cart around the farm for a test run. The low end torque is great. Very responsive, but my top speed seems to have dropped from the stock engine. I kicked the exhaust out the back as duals, sounds great, but VERY, VERY LOUD. Was just working out the bugs when I broke my gas cable. Ordered one yesterday.
I see two problem I want to fix. 1, I need to get a little more speed on top end, not sure how yet. 2, TOO LOUD, If I can`t quiet it back down, it will have to go, I am looking for two small mufflers that I can use, or one muffler that will work, I can find straight threw mufflers, but I know they will not quieting it down to where I need it. All advice is welcome. By the way yzeffer, I all ready had my cart lifted and running, I just pull the engine and dropped the Briggs in, kinda :) more pictures later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg topview.JPG (99.4 KB, 167 views)
buckmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:01 AM   #14
dropzone
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I just did this swap in a G2 with a 16hp opposed twin. Im posting some pics in another thread. I think the G2 and the G9 are about the same. Your going to have to drop the swing arm and lower the engine mount for it to have clearance. It was a tight fit. After market parts are out there but be ready they arnt cheep. Haymow.com look for G team racing and there are a couple others there to. But stock that engine should be more than enough to pull any thing you want.
dropzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:11 AM   #15
buckmaster
Not Yet Wild

It all depends on what and how you go about it, I have 6" lift, and did away with the engine mounts, bolting it to a plate I fab, welded to the underside of the frame, did`nt have to drop swing arm in my case, have no clearance issues. Again it is all on how you go about it.
Dropzone, looks like you did a great job on your cart. What size tires you running now? I have 22" on back, thinking of taking the power kit out and put the the stock drive clutch back in, to get a little more speed, seems to have plenty of bottom end torque. By the way, what is Pucks?
Old 05-30-2009, 09:10 AM   #16
dropzone
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I had to drop the swing arm and the engine mount because of a bar that ran under the back of the seat that the seat latched too. I ended up having to cut the bar out for more clearance and added heavy duth shocks and overload springs, but I use the cart around the house and have to carry alot of weight sometime. The 94c uses a spring and pucks to engage the clutch. The pucks are plastic coated steel inserts they come in different weights to adjust the clutch to engage at different rpms there are also different spring compression rates for more adjustment. I used the pink spring that came in the 94c and added another set of pucks. I kept the stock driven clutch and belt. Its pritty snappy off idle and I think its faster than the stock engine setup. Low end torque is unbeleavable! I think im going to get a one step lighter spring to get more off idle response. The tires on the rear are 20x10-8 and the front are 20x7-8 they were on the cart when I got it, there a little small for me. Im looking to put some thing a little bigger for more ground clearance.
dropzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:59 PM   #17
sckootter16
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

hey bushwacker after you replace the g9 engine what you going to do with your old engine? If you want to part ways with I will take off you hands. PM me or e-mail me to let me know thanx
sckootter16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:50 PM   #18
buckmaster
Not Yet Wild

sckooter16, hi, I was about to put it on craigslist. where you located?
Old 06-11-2009, 04:03 PM   #19
sckootter16
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I am in Butler PA actually 45 minutes north of pitts burgh. did you sell anything off the engine? Is it a 4 cycle for a g9? Private message me of e-mail me at sckootter16@yahoo.com. thanx
sckootter16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:46 PM   #20
buckmaster
Not Yet Wild

Woohooooo!! Go Steelers!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!