lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2014, 07:30 PM   #11
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

Default Re: Trojan Battery lifespan?

I am following Scotty's proper break in for new batteries. It does not say to charge every time, only when 75% of full charge.

M
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2014, 07:55 PM   #12
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I won't attempt to speak for ScottyB but I think what he meant was for the first 10 to 20 cycles, don't let the pack go below 75 percent SOC. I don't think he meant you had to run the cart until it was at 75 SOC before you charge it. My rule---when my cart rolls, whether it's 1 mile or 20---it gets put on the charger when I park it. It stays on a pulse charger/maintainer if it's not rolling.
Olman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:44 PM   #13
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olman View Post
I won't attempt to speak for ScottyB but I think what he meant was for the first 10 to 20 cycles, don't let the pack go below 75 percent SOC. I don't think he meant you had to run the cart until it was at 75 SOC before you charge it. My rule---when my cart rolls, whether it's 1 mile or 20---it gets put on the charger when I park it. It stays on a pulse charger/maintainer if it's not rolling.
^ what this guy says! :thumb up:

If I drive it I charge it. If I don't drive it for more than three days (Like that ever happens) I charge it!
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:59 AM   #14
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

Was talking about 75% during the break in period.

M
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 04:48 AM   #15
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Many of us have read Scotty B's post on proper care of batteries, it is a must read for anyone that uses an electric cart.

I have to go look at mine again, but I bought the cart in 2008 and the batteries I think were 2006. Regardless, my maintenance is charge daily when using, no matter how much or how little use, top off with distilled water every Thursday (cart gets most use on the weekends), keep tire pressure to 10psi (better wear and rolling resistance), clean battery tops monthly or more if needed, tighten and grease posts every month. I have only had one battery issue with this cart and that was a melted post due to my lack of maintenance training for the wife!

I've had great longevity with Trojan and Deca batteries, others in my area have Interstate, Energizer and a couple other odd name brands, most of them are getting 5+ years if they are taking care of the batteries. I would agree with others here that if you are getting good performance and run time, then just take care of what you have and you should be good for a few years.
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:01 PM   #16
joeymcgee
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

well I got my answer on my batteries, got it back from the shop, they did a stress test and full discharge, time to pay 942.00 for a new set, yuck!!!
joeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:04 PM   #17
Crawler487
Getting Wild
Club Car

Over 900 dollars!!!! here where I live I can get 6 t-875s for 700 dollars and some change.
Crawler487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:40 PM   #18
Scot W.
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcitech View Post
Many of us have read Scotty B's post on proper care of batteries, it is a must read for anyone that uses an electric cart.

I have to go look at mine again, but I bought the cart in 2008 and the batteries I think were 2006. Regardless, my maintenance is charge daily when using, no matter how much or how little use, top off with distilled water every Thursday (cart gets most use on the weekends), keep tire pressure to 10psi (better wear and rolling resistance), clean battery tops monthly or more if needed, tighten and grease posts every month. I have only had one battery issue with this cart and that was a melted post due to my lack of maintenance training for the wife!

I've had great longevity with Trojan and Deca batteries, others in my area have Interstate, Energizer and a couple other odd name brands, most of them are getting 5+ years if they are taking care of the batteries. I would agree with others here that if you are getting good performance and run time, then just take care of what you have and you should be good for a few years.
When is the Best time to top off the water in the batteries?

I have heard the best time is after a full charge, Any truth to that?
Scot W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:11 PM   #19
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

After a full charge, but you need to make sure you have the plates covered before charging. Once charged fill to 1/4 inch or so over plates never full to the top. Max would be to the bottom lip of the fill neck. Best is just below the bottom lip of the fill neck. That will allow the batteries to vent properly.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:33 AM   #20
Scot W.
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
After a full charge, but you need to make sure you have the plates covered before charging. Once charged fill to 1/4 inch or so over plates never full to the top. Max would be to the bottom lip of the fill neck. Best is just below the bottom lip of the fill neck. That will allow the batteries to vent properly.
Thanks!
Scot W. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lifespan, trojan, trojan battery
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car