lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #1
kojo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Smile Leaf Springs

Would 1000lb.per rear spring capacity be too stiff for a 2010 PDS lifted w/ back seat. Thanks for any advice.
kojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #2
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Leaf Springs

I put a rear seat on my cart and when I had 2 large people on the back, it bottomed out. My cart is a 95 so the springs were pretty sad. I bought the heavy duty springs front and rear. The front was about the same but the rears are very stiff. I have gotten used to them however and they are fine. No more bottoming out with fat folks on the back and the cart doesn't lean in turns like it used to.

Dave
Olman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 04:23 AM   #3
kojo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Leaf Springs

Thanks for the input Olman, I went ahead and got them and they are stiffer but not real bad. It also raised it about 2-2.5 in. I got them from a farm place that sells stuff for tractors and stuff to make your own trailers. Alot cheaper than cart sites I've seen, got them for $16.85 each, and it's not to far from the house so I saved on shipping.
kojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:56 PM   #4
TreeBass
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojo View Post
Thanks for the input Olman, I went ahead and got them and they are stiffer but not real bad. It also raised it about 2-2.5 in. I got them from a farm place that sells stuff for tractors and stuff to make your own trailers. Alot cheaper than cart sites I've seen, got them for $16.85 each, and it's not to far from the house so I saved on shipping.
That's a great price! I need to look into this
TreeBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #5
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Very interesting, PM sent.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #6
RebelStryker
Not Yet Wild

Hey kojo,
How about some more info on those springs. I need to replace my old springs but have been shying away from the ez go HD springs because of the harsh ride I have been hearing about. I have a rear seat but don't ride passengers very often. I would like a compromise between the harsh ride and weight carrying capability.

I have a Tractor Supply near by and am going to check them out tomorrow to see what I can find.

Thanks for any info!
Rob
RebelStryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #7
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm sure these are harsher then HD ezgo springs since they are rated for 1000 lbs each. I tried to find the HD ezgo spring rating to compare but couldn't.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:19 PM   #8
RebelStryker
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
I'm sure these are harsher then HD ezgo springs since they are rated for 1000 lbs each. I tried to find the HD ezgo spring rating to compare but couldn't.
Good point. Northern Tool has a set for that price that are good for 1000 lbs per pair. I wonder if they may be a little too light for what I want to do though??
Old 12-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #9
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelStryker View Post
Good point. Northern Tool has a set for that price that are good for 1000 lbs per pair. I wonder if they may be a little too light for what I want to do though??
Northern Tool? Got to check the specs carefully when going with trailer springs. Eye to eye distance needs to be close to 27" I believe. Eyelet hole has to be 7/8" to use the ezgo bushings. Springs can't be more then 1 3/4" wide.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #10
RebelStryker
Not Yet Wild

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...af%2520springs

I'm liking these. I may pick up a pair tomorrow to see how they do. All the measurements seem to match up.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO