lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2008, 03:36 AM   #1
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Losing power and hard start

I seem to be losing some of my top end rpms and was wondering if a throttle cable adjustment was in order. If so, then on an 89 3PG what is the correct proceedure.....I looked at the routine maint. sticky is it the same? Also, occasionally even when the engine is hot, I will hit the accel pedal and the engine will turn over for a while before it finally fires off and goes. It seems that it has lost spark at that point but I have not been able to make it do this consistently enough to be able to check it for fire. I can smell the fuel air mix so I am pretty sure it is getting fuel. Any suggestions on trouble shooting this problem? I was thinking that maybe the crank seals are leaking slightly and screwing with the whole fuel flow/crankcase pressure thing and I have two new seals ready to go in. Is it possible to remove the drive clutch while the engine is still installed? Clearance issues? How hard is it to get the flywheel side off to r and r that side?

thanks
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2008, 06:27 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: Losing power and hard start

I do believe the adjustment is the same as the 4 strokes for the 3pg.
Have you tried a new plug? Check the cylinder base nuts/bolts to make sure those are tight, a muffler starting to clog up could be a cause. Not sure about the clearence issues, I think one side is easy but the other not so, pm ezgomike or bob-o, they can tell you.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:10 AM   #3
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Losing power and hard start

My muff is only 2 mo old. I will check the plug....what is the gap spec. Do you have an exploded view of a 3PG? I will PM mike or bob. Thanks
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO