lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2010, 04:28 PM   #1
oswgregc
Not Yet Wild

Default 1990 Club Car slow reverse

Please bare with me until about 5 min ago i did not know what a Thread was and i cant find the spell check but i just got a clud car and i am haven some problems and i cant find a manual
oswgregc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1990 Club Car slow reverse

YOUR DOING JUST FINE. Most golf carts use 1/2 power for reverse ( tap off of center of battery pack ) EXAMPLE ( 36 volt battery pack uses 18 volts for reverse ) this is required for new carts for safety reasons. Depending on type of controls that switch from forward to reverse you can change wiring to give you full speed? Also this can be a indication of a bad-weak battery in group that feeds reverse, so do a digital voltage and hydrometer test of each cell of each battery to narrow problem down?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:35 AM   #3
oswgregc
Not Yet Wild

Thanks but if I stop on the grass or just a little incline it will not back up i have to push to get it started
Old 10-29-2010, 09:55 AM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Check your batterys first, I recommend a digital voltmeter ( Harbor Freight $5.-$7. ) take readings on each battery in pack and record and post to forum, and compare with STICKIES "STATE OF CHARGE READINGS" SECOND using a single float temperature correcting hydrometer ( not a antifreeze multi float unit ) ( auto parts stores $5. ) and compare with stickies under subject "STATE OF CHARGE READINGS" then post so forum can see condition. Once battery condition is known then forum can take you through the testing process to solve your problem.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:35 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

A 90 CC is 36v resistor coil cart, I believe....
Reverse is wired for 1/2 power.... a missed connection at the batteries could leave you with even less power.... Check the green cable coming from the bottom of the F&R switch to the batteries.... it originally connected to the Positive post of #3 battery = 18v. You can simply disconnect the battery end f the green cable and reconnect it to the other connection at the bottom of the F&R switch.(where red cable connects) this will give 36v to reverse....

This is a quick no cost fix ..... a better fix would be to fashion an appropriate buss bar connection across the two bottom lugs on the F&R switch and eliminate the green cable IF full power reverse is wanted.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CC F&R 80s.jpg (58.2 KB, 23 views)
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:22 AM   #6
oswgregc
Not Yet Wild

Just bought the batterys last month
Old 10-29-2010, 11:24 AM   #7
oswgregc
Not Yet Wild

i will check the wires when get home tonight

Thanks
Old 10-29-2010, 11:28 AM   #8
oswgregc
Not Yet Wild

I read something online that said if you upgrade the battery wires you get more speed they wanted to sell me 4ga wires do you think this will make a difference
Old 10-29-2010, 12:16 PM   #9
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

OSWGREGC--If you only purchased new batterys last month they are not broken in yet and will not yeld anywhere near full power yet.
Proper battery break in is to charge BEFORE first use, then for the next 30-50 discharge-charge cycles never run batterys below 75% of charge before allowing charger to bring back to FULL CHARGED CONDITION. Once break in is over you will notice a major difference in power and performance. NOTE Quality of batterys purchased makes a major difference also, light duty, auto type rather than electric vehicle batterys will not perform well?
4 gauge battery cables will help make a minor difference UNLESS your cables have high resistance, poor connections, etc, OR you update parts like motor, controller, F&R control, increase pack voltage.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car