lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2018, 10:51 AM   #1
Winston Ellis
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 48-12 redcuer question

Has anyone purchased this reducer from ebay?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/GOLF-CART-v...xnZR:rk:6:pf:0

It seems to be a great deal, and it has the "control" wire. My guess is that if I wire the yellow to the ignition on my DS, it will be key switched.
Winston Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2018, 11:03 AM   #2
Winston Ellis
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 48-12 redcuer question

also, i noticed it only goes up to 60v. would that be ok since my charger outputs 64v when its in equalization mode?
Winston Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:40 AM   #3
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

FWIW, I contemplated the low priced reducers on Ebay when I did my cart. I'm of the opinion you get what you pay for so I decided to go with a Rhox Volt reducer for piece of mind and the effort involved. I charge with the key off and no accessories being used so the reducer is not managing the charge voltage. I'm sure the 48 volt reducers have a (~10-15%) safety margin when they say rated for 60 volts.

Last edited by Hunter450; 12-14-2018 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: clarification
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:54 AM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

You definitely get what you pay for. I pulled all the cheap reducers off of our web store because I got sick of dealing with warranties for failures. The RHOX reducers (VOLT-2002) have a 1 year warranty and I've never had to use it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car