lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Upgrade to 4

I want to upgrade my cart to speed setting 4. What do I do, just call the dealer and they will order a code or something? What numbers will they need from the cart? Thanks for the help- I just want to be prepared!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Upgrade to 4

i beleive you have to take the cart to the dealer to get it upgraded to speed code 4....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:19 AM   #3
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . my local CC dealer wants to physically see the cart so they can verify the serial number of the cart and the serial number of the controller . . these two numbers are provided to CC, who in turns, provides the dealer with a "code" to program into the controller . . the "code" is built from the two serial numbers and is cart-specific . . . cost about $105 at my dealer . . my dealer will not accept numbers over the phone because if you give them wrong number, "code" will not work and they won't accept responsibility for the error unless it is their fault . . saves them grief . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #4
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
. . my local CC dealer wants to physically see the cart so they can verify the serial number of the cart and the serial number of the controller . . these two numbers are provided to CC, who in turns, provides the dealer with a "code" to program into the controller . . the "code" is built from the two serial numbers and is cart-specific . . . cost about $105 at my dealer . . my dealer will not accept numbers over the phone because if you give them wrong number, "code" will not work and they won't accept responsibility for the error unless it is their fault . . saves them grief . . .
Ok, I will probably just take it to them today or tomorrow to get the numbers off of it... Thanks!
Old 06-21-2012, 10:08 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Take the cover off of the controller. You'll see a serial number on the controller. You want the six digits after the dot. This is the serial number for your controller. You'll need that number along with the vehicle serial number. They can order a code with those two numbers. When they receive the code from Club Car you may bring your cart to them to have it entered.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #6
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Take the cover off of the controller. You'll see a serial number on the controller. You want the six digits after the dot. This is the serial number for your controller. You'll need that number along with the vehicle serial number. They can order a code with those two numbers. When they receive the code from Club Car you may bring your cart to them to have it entered.
Ok, just sent the dealer the numbers. Thanks for the help
Old 06-26-2012, 07:28 PM   #7
trigger1937
Gone Wild

I guess I'm lucky. I live 75 miles from a Club Car dealer but because we live in a gated community that has over 500 golf carts, his technical truck makes a call here every friday. So months ago I contaced him and ordered the upgrade to my 2008.5 cart. After I gave him the numbers and he contacted CC they sent him the upgrade. On the next friday they came to my home and plugged in the remote device and put in the codes. They then pasted a new sticker inside the passenger side storage that listed my upgrade to #4 setting. I got it done including the on site work for $75. I must say I believe I have a grate friend in this CC dealer. I can't believe the things he has done for me. You can't buy trust like that anywhere anymore.
trigger1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #8
Lawn Dart
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

What year club cars can you upgrade? I think i have a 99 DS would that fall under the list?
Lawn Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:37 AM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawn Dart View Post
What year club cars can you upgrade? I think i have a 99 DS would that fall under the list?
Anything with an IQ or Excel controller. DS cars weren't available as IQ until 2002.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #10
Lawn Dart
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Anything with an IQ or Excel controller. DS cars weren't available as IQ until 2002.
I am going to have to check which one i got. chances are 99 models don't correct? How much of a gain do you see with it?
Lawn Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car