lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2018, 07:59 PM   #1
NLaudy
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 Club Car Assistance (48volt)

Long story short a buddy picked up a good deal on a golf cart but it hasn’t been run in probably 6+ years! I told him I would try to help him with it so it is in my garage.

I pulled all the batteries out of it and topped them off with distilled water and charged them. We are going to replace them but we’re trying to atleast use them for the troubleshooting phase to see what else may be wrong. After charging each battery is showing right around 8.1 or 8.2 on my multimeter.

The key didn’t seem to work right so for troubleshooting purposes I bypassed it by connecting the green and blue wires together.

When I put the cart in Run mode and and select forward or reverse and press the pedal nothing happens. I know this is generic but where is the best place to start my troubleshooting. I put my multimeter on the main positive and main negative and am showing right at 48.0v. When I hook it up to both sides of the big solenoid terminal it is showing 47.9v

Also I replaced the battery wires just because the old ones were in rough shape.

One last question do these carts have two solenoids. I am seeing the main one and then one looks like another over by the OBC.
NLaudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 09:01 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2000 Club Car Assistance (48volt)

That is a Regen II cart and is a real pain..... The solenoid you saw is your Dynamic Brake solenoid. It was discontinued in '02 when the IQ carts were released.

When you place it in reverse does the reverse buzzer sound?
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 09:11 PM   #3
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Looks like you may have some connection that are croded and may not be making good contact. I would start by unhooking batteries and then remove and cleaning all the wires small and large.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 11:25 PM   #4
NLaudy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Looks like you may have some connection that are croded and may not be making good contact. I would start by unhooking batteries and then remove and cleaning all the wires small and large.
I can definitely do that. All the Battery wires have been replaced but the ones going to the controller, solenoid, and all that good stuff could definitely use a cleaning!
Old 06-30-2018, 11:23 PM   #5
NLaudy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
That is a Regen II cart and is a real pain..... The solenoid you saw is your Dynamic Brake solenoid. It was discontinued in '02 when the IQ carts were released.

When you place it in reverse does the reverse buzzer sound?
Thanks for the prompt response! When I place it in reverse the buzzer does not sound. I hooked a battery to the buzzer just to verify it worked and it did sound then.
Old 06-30-2018, 11:37 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLaudy View Post
Thanks for the prompt response! When I place it in reverse the buzzer does not sound. I hooked a battery to the buzzer just to verify it worked and it did sound then.
That is usually the sign of a failed controller..... BUT, it has to be powered up and obviously yours may not be yet.

With switch On (or jumped in your position), in Fwd, and pedal depressed; Probe the 2 solenoid small posts and see if you are getting 48vdc?
Old 07-01-2018, 12:39 AM   #7
NLaudy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
That is usually the sign of a failed controller..... BUT, it has to be powered up and obviously yours may not be yet.

With switch On (or jumped in your position), in Fwd, and pedal depressed; Probe the 2 solenoid small posts and see if you are getting 48vdc?
Thank you again for the quick response. So I twisted the blue and green wire to turn the cart on since I don’t have a good key switch. I turned the tow switch to the Run position and placed the other switch in forward.

When I press the gas pedal and probe the solenoids big lugs I get 47.8v. However, when I probe the small posts I do not show any power. It just sits at 0.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 44A6A3EC-DA69-477D-B59E-936EC5A05A78.jpg (131.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 4B6F99E9-9D4C-431E-B4A2-7F0A73984200.jpg (109.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-01-2018, 11:46 AM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Then you need to check the power at the Run/Tow switch and at the microswitch in your v-glide (Potentiometer). You will hear a click from the v-glide if it is actuating, but the power must run thru it.

Here is your drawing:
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car