lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2023, 05:48 AM   #81
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: All Sports Lift Kits CRAZY BACKORDER...!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
That's not terrible. I would wait that long to get one from them. Pictures of yours installed would be nice
Yeah the wait was worth it. I have this same 6" double A-arm lift on another DS that I installed over ten years ago in 2013 and it's been a great lift.

Here's my build thread. Just posted the lift install pics a day or so ago:

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=188709
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2023, 09:36 AM   #82
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: All Sports Lift Kits CRAZY BACKORDER...!!!!

So I had been looking for this Jakes (or the unbranded version) since last october and every vendor that claimed to have them really didnt... finally found them here at a great discount a couple weeks ago. https://www.plowmanscarts.com/carts....1673536672&v=2

The bumper is on my cart now and I honestly dont believe jakes makes these at all.. In fact the finish on it leaves a lot to be desired with lots of dried paint runs and more or less dried paint drips down the length of the horizantal bars..
If I had paid what jakes suggests for retail I would have been very disappointed.
But at the end of the day its going on a golf cart... not my corvette.

All im going to say about who and what is made where is dont assume anything based on brand and brand perception... A portion the Generic stuff you can find on ebay or amazon does in fact come from the same OEM manufacturers as the stuff being sold under bigger name brands. Sometimes its nothing more than a clone and sometimes its a lot more reasonably priced clone at that. Also there are clones out there that are factory seconds, poorly copied or engineered. But just because a company may have had or currently has some manufacturing done stateside, does not by a long shot mean that aALL their products are made stateside or even by them at all. If things like the chip shortage should tell us anything its how dependent "american" products can be on global manufacturing. many companies who have a lot of offerings under their brand only make a portion of them now days.

I paid more for my Jakes lift kit for the G1 pictured in my avatar, than I paid for the cart itself back in 2008... The lift was fine other than having to have welding done on my early spindle design.... Its still going strong today.

I bought an almost identical lift kit for my G8 from ebay last year for less than 1/3rd of what I paid for the jakes kit (less than 1/4 comparing todays prices) and installation went great, fit and finish is great. (truley better than the jakes bumper I just bought).

I guess what im saying here is you cant always stereotype... If you have reasons/ beliefs other than actual product quality vs cost than your decision is a lot easier unless your budget has more influence over the decision. In some cases the better VALUE is not always what it seems or what we would even like it to be..
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts