lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2020, 12:13 AM   #51
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Pathway Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by nas View Post
.... The manual says 21 is top speed and the gear ratio is 10.3:1. Is that the high speed gears? ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by R&TBabich View Post
.... I've read it might have high speed gears, but it goes 14-15mph on flat and 18-19mph down a mild hill so I don't think the gears are "high speed". .....
Apparently what I thought was "flat" is a slight incline.
It will do 17-18 mph on a flat road.
I think I have the answer to our gear ratio question.
Found a regular DS Owner's Manual which states they come with 12.3:1 gears.
My Pathway Owner's Manual states it comes with 10.3:1 gears, so I think those are the "high speed gears".
So that means my 18.5" tires with 10.3:1 gears is providing the same drive ratio as 22" tires with 12.3:1 gears.
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2020, 06:31 PM   #52
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRockiesGolfCartClub View Post
Hello All,
I am now the owner 03 DS Pathway. With all the street legal additives. Including the OEM front brakes.
I am looking to add 14in wheels with 20in tires. And a 3in lift to avoid tire rubbing issues.
It seems lifting it 3in is easier without front brakes.
It Currently goes 13mph.
My Question.
Should I just take them off and just run rear brakes? Are front brakes desirable?
A bit late on responding, but I would keep the front brakes.
Ours would do 17mph stock on flat ground so not sure why yours is only getting 13mph.
A lift is usually done for looks and tire clearance for going faster.
If tire clearance is all you are after the 10.3:1 gearing in a Pathway is probably enough.
Ours will now do 28mph on flat ground with 2 adults after a few upgrades, mostly the Alltrax controller.

Other info:
I just got a look at a Carryall and the front brakes on our Pathway look the same, so that's where they probably came from.
The rear shackles on our Pathway have worn spots on the edges from rubbing the frame, probably from hard turns at speed.
They're aluminum and I'm sure they flex.
The Carryall had supports welded in between the shackle bars.
There was also a skid plate under the differential.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shackles CarryAll.jpg (188.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-28-2021, 11:20 PM   #53
ssnaples
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&TBabich View Post
A bit late on responding, but I would keep the front brakes.
Ours would do 17mph stock on flat ground so not sure why yours is only getting 13mph.
A lift is usually done for looks and tire clearance for going faster.
If tire clearance is all you are after the 10.3:1 gearing in a Pathway is probably enough.
Ours will now do 28mph on flat ground with 2 adults after a few upgrades, mostly the Alltrax controller.

Other info:
I just got a look at a Carryall and the front brakes on our Pathway look the same, so that's where they probably came from.
The rear shackles on our Pathway have worn spots on the edges from rubbing the frame, probably from hard turns at speed.
They're aluminum and I'm sure they flex.
The Carryall had supports welded in between the shackle bars.
There was also a skid plate under the differential.
I also have an 03 DS Pathway. I recently added a 6"lift with 24"tires and welded a custom seat to integrate with the roll cage. What upgrades did you do to get to 28mph... was it just the Altrax controller or the motor, wires and solenoid as well? Is the best bang for your buck the controller or do I need to add on some other items?
ssnaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 03:51 AM   #54
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

You could add the front brakes to some of the aftermarket lift kits but it would require cutting and welding the spindle from the old parts and welding it to the new parts I wouldnt attempt it on the cast spindles
CustomCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 10:40 AM   #55
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssnaples View Post
I also have an 03 DS Pathway. I recently added a 6"lift with 24"tires and welded a custom seat to integrate with the roll cage. What upgrades did you do to get to 28mph... was it just the Altrax controller or the motor, wires and solenoid as well? Is the best bang for your buck the controller or do I need to add on some other items?
I first had the motor rebuilt to a PQ Bandit which included a 4-pole speed magnet. Thought it would be a good idea before using the 17 year old motor with almost twice the amps. The 4-pole speed magnet fools the controller and produces a couple more mph. The Alltrax 400a controller produces the 28mph with stock tires, yours would be higher with 24" tires. To run 400a you have to upgrade the wires & solenoid to handle the current. The 4-pole speed magnet is not a factor with the Alltrax, in the setup you specify 4-pole or 8-pole magnet so it "knows". If your motor is the same as mine, GE thin can, PQ doesn't recommend running over 400a & 6000rpm. The AMD motor can handle 500a & 6500rpm. The Alltrax 500a can be dialed down to 400a & 6000 rpm.

Do you have any pics of the rear seat install?
I just started putting one on ours.
Old 02-01-2021, 07:12 PM   #56
tatonkafan10
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Pathway Mods -- TAHOE DAWGZ71

I too have a Pathway and want to lift it. Prefer 4" .... Im getting conflicting info. on Barkes? Would love to know best lift kit and whats needed and what has to go? TAHOE DAWGZ71
tatonkafan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car