lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2009, 08:47 PM   #1
fixitman
Not Yet Wild

Default Fuel blowing into the air filter box

Good Evening everyone,
My first post, so be gentle. Seems like a great forum you guys and gals have going on here, so hopefully I'll be able to contribute some help too!! But for now, maybe someone can help me out (scratch my back, I'll scratch yours). I have an '04 TXT 6 passenger that I just replaced the valves in. Before it was popping and sputtering, even blew fire at me twice, but now it sounds much better. However my problem is that it is spitting fuel into the air filter box and doesn't seem to be going to the spark plugs. Could I have installed something wrong? I followed the engine parts breakdown manual so I'm pretty sure everything is back in its proper place. Could it just be that something is stuck in the carb, not allowing the fuel to flow into the plugs?

Also, I saw on another post somewhere here on the site that to get the drive clutch bolt (the one that holds the drive clutch on) I need to ratchet it to the left or to the right? Going to the right just makes the clutch turn and I never have a second set of hands around (the wifey certainly won't be breaking a nail)

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Thanks,
-CK
fixitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2009, 05:51 AM   #2
Subarumouse
Gone Wild

Default Re: Fuel blowing into the air filter box

Hello fixitman,

Is the valvetiming okay, not to early?

Because your engine is going okay it should not be a leaking valve.

Is there a special / sharper (axle in the head???)?
Mine has and spits to, but go's like hell.....

Benno
Subarumouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:58 AM   #3
the_swede
Not Yet Wild

1. check the oil level,not to much so the venthose from crankcase to airbox is below oillevel.
2. Drain the carburetorbowl with the draivscrew,to remove some ****..fill up again with starter.
the_swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:52 PM   #4
Texas Boy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry, but I cannot help with your fuel issue... But the bolt that holds the clutch asy on is "regular" threaded (not reversed) so you will loosen by turning counter clockwise. You really need an impact, but can improvise by doing the following. Have a wrench on the bolt & then hit the end of the wrench with a hammer. I did the same about a month ago & after 5 or 6 hits it broke loose. I installed the clutch doing the same thing... I've put about 20 miles on the cart since & no problems...
Texas Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:02 PM   #5
Texas Boy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Once you've removed the bolt holding the clutch on to the engine shaft, the clutch will still be attached to the engine shaft. You'll need a 3/4" fine thread bolt & a 4" piece of 5/8" barstock to get the clutch off of the shaft. do the same with this, attach wrench and hit with hammer several times and she'll break loose...
Texas Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:28 PM   #6
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

double check valve adjustment.....and if you hunt around for the correct puller it will make clutch removal much easier. put a good bit of grease in the hole and borrow an impact. the hydraulic effect of the grease compressed by the puller bolt is what you are after. borrow an impact and the clutch will literally pop right off.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:39 PM   #7
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Is it fuel or oil in the airbox?

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:53 PM   #8
fixitman
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for your replies everyone!! Thanks Texas Boy and sccowboy for your help with the clutch issue. You should have seen me trying my hardest to get the bolt lose, never thought to try the other way.

As for the fuel issue, it is fuel going into the air filter box. Even with the filter box off and the choke pulled, it still spits fuel out of the little hole on the side (i.e. if the flap on the carb is closed the little hole up in the right hand corner) However I haven't had a chance to get back at the cart so as soon as I do I'll see what I can do. However keep your suggestions coming as far as what try to remedy the situation.

Thanks again for your help everyone!!
-CK
fixitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO