lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2019, 06:19 PM   #21
briamconst
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Precedent IQ - Beeping & Regen on downhills?

my 2010 precident is doing the same thing, i thought i burned a spot in the mcor when i took the grand kids out holloweening, long slow speed, i changed the mcor, still does the same thing. has to be something simple.
briamconst is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2019, 07:55 PM   #22
BigMikey
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by briamconst View Post
my 2010 precident is doing the same thing, i thought i burned a spot in the mcor when i took the grand kids out holloweening, long slow speed, i changed the mcor, still does the same thing. has to be something simple.

I hope to receive my order tomorrow and do the work in the evening. I’m going to start with the diode then mcor.

Here is a weird thing and maybe you can confirm the same thing. Sometimes after a charge cycle it will run normal. But on recharge it will start doing it again... it makes me think that maybe it’s related to when the new batteries I have installed are fully or over charged? For instance and I’ll have to confirm if I don’t charge after a round and disconnect the batteries after moving tow switch to tow and waiting an hour or so before reconnecting I feel confident my cart will run fine.

I received a powerdrive2 charger with the cart and it appears to work ok but on Sunday AM after running perfect Saturday it was still charging at 2-4 amps when I disconnected to go play. I thought that was strange as I put it on around 8 pm the night before. I’ve never seen the charger run more than 6-8 hours much less ~12....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BigMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 05:20 PM   #23
BigMikey
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thumbs down Re: Precedent IQ - Beeping & Regen on downhills?

Well got the package, really excited.... open the box... no diode cable assembly. Ordered from www.buggiesunlimited.com, they showed 2 in stock at time of order.... nope, i got a box of 3 other parts and have to wait on them to get it from club car and then send to me.... I wouldn't have ordered all the extra stuff if I had known it wasn't in stock... feel like I got bait & switched....!!!!

Anyone know what the diode specifications / ratings are for the diode run/tow switch cable??? I may run out to Fry's or Radio Shack and see if I can get one to just solder in.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:37 AM   #24
briamconst
Not Yet Wild

Where is the questionable diode located? i hate changing parts
, hoping to fix my problem.
Old 04-11-2019, 08:16 AM   #25
BigMikey
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by briamconst View Post
Where is the questionable diode located? i hate changing parts

, hoping to fix my problem.

Remove the gray cover between your batteries. Follow the blue wire from the tow switch... you should see a shrink wrapped diode. Make sure you put the tow switch in tow and if you want to test the diode you’ll have to disconnect the pack + / -... using a meter with diode testing you’ll get continuity in one direction with and a good meter will also show a voltage drop... typically it should be <0.7vdc and is typically around 0.4v. Reverse the test points and you should see O.L. Which means open lead... this indicates the diode is working correctly. If you get continuity in both directions the diode is definitely bad.

If you want to test this yourself I would remove the two batteries on the driver side. Using needle nose pliers gently apply pressure to the blue spade terminal attached to the run/ tow switch until it slides off. Cut the shrink wrap off the diode and you may need cut the tape on the wire harness to make that wire more accessible.

In my case I did this the diode tested fine. Cart worked for a day and then had the same issue. As of recent I’ve reset the obc, replaced the solenoid and the problem is still occurring about every other full charge cycle. I’ve tried bypassing the obc temporarily but still had the issue.

I have a feeling this diode is either failing under current load or possibly my controller is going bad.... no one seems to have this diode assembly in stock so I’m calling club car today. If they don’t have one I’m going to ask for the specs on the diode and order that from a electronics company.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2019, 10:53 AM   #26
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

A 10 amp diode should work for that:
https://www.amazon.com/20-Pieces-10A...A14FP9XIRL6C1F
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 11:38 AM   #27
briamconst
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy Re: Precedent IQ - Beeping & Regen on downhills?

My local guy said he thought the batteries were the problem, i took it there he load tested said its not the batteries, code said solenoid main drop out, i replaced the solenoid, i read there's a bad diode. spent four hours searching for this diode, tore the wiring harness apart, looked at many pictures online, looked at the wiring diagram. please help before i go crazy!
Old 04-20-2019, 11:59 AM   #28
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

If you will start at the beginning of this thread and read it all you will find the answer to your problem and how to fix it/
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 12:07 PM   #29
briamconst
Not Yet Wild

ive been following along, maybee my 2010 is different than the 2006 big mikey has but my wire off the run/tow switch is pink and green, not red and blue, im sure im missing something but im frustrated
Old 04-20-2019, 02:24 PM   #30
BigMikey
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I just soldered in the diode today. Took it for a maiden voyage and it ran great. No dropping out... I don’t want to count my chickens yet until I go through a couple charge cycles and golf rounds.

Braimcoast... I’ll pull the 2010 prints and see if I can help you isolate the diode in question. I think yours has the controller and tow switch mounted in the back of the battery box.

I cut out the old diode. Made sure I had the diode in the right direction and soldered both sides in. I pre installed some heat shrink and then buttoned it all up. I put some dielectric grease on the tow switch terminals and spade connectors. For this I had to remove the batteries on the passenger side.

I’ll update you guys on the 2010 changes and how it all works out in a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car