lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2008, 07:19 PM   #1
Tbone
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Solenoid problems

I am a new member and have a question about my "01" Club Car. What can cause the first battery off of the solenoid to be pulled down? I have just replaced all the batteries and one keeps getting lower voltage than the rest. Can this be caused by a faulty solenoid? Tbone
Tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:20 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Solenoid problems

Welcome Tbone! Well that doesn't sound right.....I don't think a solenoid can do that! Your '01 CC is it a 48v cart and the battery in question is the one with the red cable connected to it? Have you checked your connections this is the same place the charger positive connects......
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:43 PM   #3
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum Tbone...................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:31 PM   #4
Tbone
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

That's correct. This is the battery with the positive wire. Also, I took a voltage check at the solenoid across the two terminals and when I engaged the pedal in gear the solenoid activated but there was no voltage across the terminals. Is this normal?
Tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:13 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

we see this alot.......there should be 2 wires off the positive terminal of battery #1 ......you have the red 6 gage cable that goes to the solenoid and than the red 10 gage cable from the charge receptical............make sure that 10 gage wire is on the #1 battery if not your only charging 5 batteries..............let us know.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car