lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
itstheburns327
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default 93 Club Car cranks, fires once, then nothing

I have a 93 club car ds gas. i step on the pedal and the motor cranks, it fires once then continues to crank. i pulled the carb, cleaned it, reinstalled, it, pulled the plug, super white spark, its getting gas, checked the fuel pump, replaced air cleaner filter, no change. i fully charged the battery overnight and in the morning i checked all wires and connections. i pulled the valve cover and checked the gap and all is well. i have a feeling there may be an internal motor issue. any ideas/thoughts?
itstheburns327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:39 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 93 Club Car cranks, fires once, then nothing

if you have spark, fuel and compression it should run......did you check compression.....you want about 125...........again with these 3 things it will run.................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:06 PM   #3
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Turn it over for at least 20 seconds to make sure the spark doesn't leave.
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:33 PM   #4
itstheburns327
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

spark stays, i rolled it over for 40 just to be sure. this one has me really lost. it has everything it needs, air, fuel, spark, compression. is there anything electrical that could cause it to not run?
Old 07-07-2011, 06:20 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

not if it has spark, fuel and compression and its cranking over.......is the plug wet after cranking over? you said its getting gas......before carb and after at plug?..............................
Old 07-07-2011, 06:27 PM   #6
itstheburns327
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

the plug is dry, theres def gas getting thru to the carb, the bowl is full of fuel and u can see it faintly splashing out of the carb if i pull the intake hose off. i even shot some carb cleaner in while cranking to see if it would fire once or twice and nothing, it only fires the once after u press the pedal
Old 07-07-2011, 07:11 PM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

ok if the plug is dry than the problem has to be in the carb......even if the bowl is full......if carb is working proper that plug should be wet............you cleaned the carb did you take all the jets out and run a wire thur all holes? did you use compressed air to blow thur every port, opening, jet,.......if not do so......one thing i have learned with these carbs is just your regular cleaning dosn,t cut it..............i take a lot of flack for this but in my opinion that carb is the weak link on the cart.......i almost concider it a throw away...............but hey thats just me............................
Old 07-07-2011, 07:25 PM   #8
itstheburns327
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

yeah ive been there before. these carbs suck. ive cleaned every orifice i could find. i even pulled a working carb from an identical running cart to eliminate it from the equation. i have had these things crap out on me before and had to replace it. ive been working on this cart for a couple weeks now trying to figure this one out. as soon as i think it could be one thing, im canceled out from what the problem could be
Old 07-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #9
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

there has to be a reason that plug is staying dry....have you tried another carb? i have ran into a few no amount of cleaning would help it was just plain worn out......if you have one it might be wroth trying.......................
Old 07-07-2011, 07:47 PM   #10
Dale M
Getting Wild

Try spraying fuel from a spray bottle into the carb or intake while cranking it. If it runs the carb is the problem. Fuel isn't getting through it.
Dale M is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car