lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2008, 02:07 PM   #1
Ronman
Getting Wild

Default Your Custom Radio and Speaker installations

Let see the pics!

If this has been done I apologize. (but I did search first)
Ronman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-16-2008, 03:17 PM   #2
Ronman
Getting Wild

Default Re: Your Custom Radio and Speaker installations

Anybody?
Old 04-16-2008, 08:45 PM   #3
mb523
Peanut

E-Z-GO

Radio box is built out of wood and mounted to dash with metal L brackets on either side in the front. The speaker brackets are screwed into the floorboard with self-tapping metal screws. They are pushed tight to the side and up to prevent much movement. All wires are run under the front in wire loom and tied up. Power is ran under floorboard for both standby power and key-activated ON signal. There are also wires for the rear channel ran to the back of the engine compartment for future use.

The radio is a Sony 200 total watt Xplod deck with CD, AM/FM, and 1/8" AUX input. The speakers are 3-way Best Buy specials that cost around $20! They have nice bass, are water-resistant, and self contained!

mb523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:13 PM   #4
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:23 PM   #5
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Here's what I have done on Yamaha G-14 thru G-22. I built a template and bought a sheet of black ABS plastic and put in the right cubbie hole. I have put them in the left hole but it is a little smaller and the waterproof cover will not fit without trimming it ,so I moved them to the right side and buy cd player with remotes. The antenna goes under the front cowl so it is not visible.

craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:03 AM   #6
Ronman
Getting Wild

[QUOTE=gornoman;63719]
QUOTE]

That's an awesome setup. How'd you make it?
Old 04-17-2008, 03:51 PM   #7
castlecart
Gone Wild

Here are some pics of my setup. I have a Poly Planar Amp and Speakers all marine grade waterproof. I custom built the dash inserts. The amp power is controlled by the key switch. I can run any portable player into the input jack. I mostly use my Samsung XM radio, which also holds recorded content and MP3s. The docking cradle mounts just above where the cupholders are (that connects to the satellite antenna on the roof), I don't have a picture of that hooked up here. So far it works great, is plenty loud enough, and doesn't drain the battery too badly (even if I let it play for quite awhile without running the engine).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG2146a.jpg (68.9 KB, 518 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG2147a.jpg (62.4 KB, 296 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG2142a.jpg (40.8 KB, 268 views)

Last edited by castlecart; 04-17-2008 at 03:54 PM.. Reason: pics too small...
castlecart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:07 PM   #8
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronman View Post
That's an awesome setup. How'd you make it?
I did not fab this piece, it was done by a fellow in Texas who was disappointed with the way the black vinyl would droop in the Texas heat. He made a new one a different way.
This one is MDF covered in vinyl. It is held to the roof with four sealed bolts that were spaced to penetrate the roof at those depressions in the E-Z-Go roofs. Very clever setup and trouble free, the CD never skips, and the components never get wet. It's like wearing headphones. I can play it very quietly and not disturb anyone, or let it rip and......

.....make my wife mad!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:08 PM   #9
wignout69
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Here is what I did with some fiberglass and some help of beer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 05_01_06_0712.jpg (54.4 KB, 969 views)
File Type: jpg 05_01_06_0713.jpg (41.5 KB, 732 views)
wignout69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 02:56 PM   #10
RoadRunner
Not Yet Wild

The most recent project on RoadRunner was the addition of a stereo; you can see one of the speakers in the kickpanel

The radio install.... This ended up being far more time consuming than I had thought . I spent altogether TOO much time trying to fish the wires down the aluminum windshield supports. I finally gave up :( and ran the 6 wires down the outside, inside of some loom tywrapped to the supports. Perhaps someday I'll give another shot to getting the wires inside the support.
I settled on a Sony radio from West Marine, mainly because the speakers were intended for use on a boat, where they could (and would) get wet. I also went for the full waterproof enclosure to mount the radio chassis in (also from West). That way when the cart gets washed, no worries. The radio sounds great , now while we are watching the sunset over the marshes, enjoying our 'grape juice', we can have some mood music.......

Since the pic's were taken, the speakers have been repainted black, under a directive from SWMBO.... I had several votes for yellow, but......
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center