lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2023, 07:15 AM   #11
parks531
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2004 TXT hard start

Mine does not have the round air filter, it is a flat panel type filter
parks531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2023, 08:02 AM   #12
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by parks531 View Post
Mine does not have the round air filter, it is a flat panel type filter
There are four of them that go in the rectangle air box. Many times they fall out. Just push them back in .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Air Box.jpg (74.4 KB, 0 views)
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 11:09 AM   #13
parks531
Not Yet Wild

Do they actually push into the airbox holes, my 2 were just between the airbox and carburetor like my picture shows ( diagonal from each other). Just only those 2 were like that. In turn there was a gap between carburetor and the air box
Old 02-25-2023, 11:38 AM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

They’re spacers and should press into the plastic. They help prevent the bolts from crushing the plastic when you tighten the airbox to the carb. It should sit flush. If it doesn’t sit flush then it’s gonna run lean and suck dirt into the engine. And make it hard to start
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 09:29 AM   #15
parks531
Not Yet Wild

trig123, put the otc spark tester on and I get sporadic spark from each plug with a good ground. Does this lead you to something else for my hard start? Thanks!!
Old 03-18-2023, 09:30 AM   #16
parks531
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
Your compression looks ok. Its hard to fix a problem like this over the internet so all I can do is make suggestions from what you post.

Ezgo says in manual to always test the compression leaving one spark plug in. I also mentioned to manually hold the carburetor wide open when testing and you never answered me. I assume you did it that way because your reading were different than before.

Is your battery fully charged ?

Maybe you need to connect a spark tester to this engine and see if its actually firing when it won't crank.

I always recommend the OTC 6589 spark tester . It looks like a spark plug and will tell you 100 % what your fire looks like.
Never test just using the plug wire against the block or you could burn up the ignitor. No way to tell unless you test and see if you have fire all the time.

I know you started another topic on this and asked about the jet. Yours should be an 80 or 82 jet.

When these engines are working correct you should just push the pedal and they crank right up . When its above 60 degrees they should start without using the choke. If you pull the choke they will gas foul the spark plugs.

trig123, put the otc spark tester on and I get sporadic spark from each plug with a good ground. Does this lead you to something else for my hard start? Thanks!!
Old 03-18-2023, 11:23 AM   #17
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Before going down the spark route, do you now have the airbox sitting snug on the carb? As CP said. You don't want a gap between the carb and airbox.

When you are checking spark, is the other lead still connected to its plug?
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 12:45 PM   #18
parks531
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
Before going down the spark route, do you now have the airbox sitting snug on the carb? As CP said. You don't want a gap between the carb and airbox.

When you are checking spark, is the other lead still connected to its plug?
Yes airbox is a snug against the carburetor, I had both leads off the spark plugs while doing the test. Should I leave one connected to the plug and the other to the tester while testing?
Old 03-18-2023, 01:23 PM   #19
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by parks531 View Post
Yes airbox is a snug against the carburetor, I had both leads off the spark plugs while doing the test. Should I leave one connected to the plug and the other to the tester while testing?
Yes. You never want to run it with both plugs disconnected.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 04:18 PM   #20
parks531
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Yes. You never want to run it with both plugs disconnected.
Have solid spark at both plug wires with the opposite attached to the other spark plug
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO