lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2023, 05:12 PM   #1751
toby here
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Programming Curtis Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JATRUH78 View Post
Hello all, I have 1314-4402 version 4.6.7 I'm looking for 1314-4401 I'd sure appreciate a download of it. Also if anyone's in need of my download let me know. Thanks in advance.
This is a long shot since the post is 2017 but do you still have version 4.6.7 available? I’ve only been able to find 4.2.2 and 4.3.3 online
toby here is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2023, 09:13 AM   #1752
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Post 1205 in this thread..
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...15316&page=121
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 11:44 PM   #1753
toby here
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobrA2330 View Post
Can someone explain it to me like I'm 5? I've tried downloading the curtis reg file and removed the txt extension from an earlier message and I'm stilling getting the error.... "The application is not fully configured. Please connect the 1309 USB interface and restart 1314 PCPS again" "Application is running in User Access mode only."

i'd post images but I haven't been here long enough.

Also if I see while in User mode the Max RPM is already 8000 does that mean it's probably set to the highest speed I'll get out of the cart?
I’m getting this same error message, does anyone know the fix to this?

I just want to get into there to adjust parameters for max rpm but in user mode nothing comes up under the parameters tab
Old 01-27-2023, 11:52 AM   #1754
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Have you entered the SAL and IAL settings?
Old 01-28-2023, 08:11 AM   #1755
toby here
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Have you entered the SAL and IAL settings?
Yeah I might be in over my head haha

I thought I’d be able to buy a cable, download the software, hook up the computer to the controller and change the rpm parameters to get a little more speed.

No clue what SAL and IAL settings are. Is it something that can be easily explained?

I tried again with the 4.6.7 version and had the same error message. I thought since the 1309 driver software had been updated in this version that I might have had some success but no such luck.
Old 01-28-2023, 01:05 PM   #1756
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

You need to edit the Windows registry and change one entry and add another.. Same link as above but post 1215..
Old 03-06-2023, 09:46 PM   #1757
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

So Ive been having some intermittent overtemp errors with one of the used alltrax I bought.

This led me to buy one of the 1205m-5603 clones off ebay for $150. I then spent $15 on a serial connector with screw terminals and followed the directions on your tube to use an old 4 pin molex connector cut off an old pc power supply and a serial connection to reprogram the controller today using the curtis software in the video. I have to say it was really quite easy one watching the videos and I got the cart working perfectly.

I have the 0-1k throttle on my cart so I used the throttle type #9 and just programmed the max throttle to 20% which makes it work perfectly with full range. I programed 60% reverse speed and a bit more aggressive throttle response than what it had programmed.

this is the board I used (note the included serial to usb adapter is not a rs232 compatible adapter so I used another usb to serial adapter I had laying around.) (Tripp-lite keyspan USA-19hs model) I did all this from both a windows 7 32bit and again from a windows 10 64 pc and laptop and did not have to mess with any registry or port settings.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076WVFXN8...roduct_details

This is the controller I bought..
https://www.ebay.com/itm/165951604493

I use this video as well as another that pops up when searching you tube..
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 09:55 PM   #1758
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstop View Post
Not sure about which ones are locked or why, but much of this 175 page thread goes into detail about how to make cables and where to download software to use for programming.

Locked or otherwise, developer access level is needed to alter certain parameters, and AFAIK that isn't easily obtained with the video you mention or some of the methods in this thread. That is why this device could be interesting - it may be able to adjust those values.

My point wasn't to state this is a better alternative to doing it yourself, but mainly to point out that such a device exists and see if anyone has any experience with one.
see my post above... all I had to do was make sure the user was OEM to get full parameter access on the 500a unit I just bought (at least all the parameter equivalents I have on my alltrax. I'm sure some models may be different
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 10:44 AM   #1759
Aleksandr789
Not Yet Wild

Good afternoon .

Do you know how to edit hidden options in settings?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_1.jpg (12.5 KB, 0 views)
Aleksandr789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 12:01 PM   #1760
woodygb
Gone Wild

See if this works.

Try ...OPTIONS - SECURITY - Enable Advanced Cloning By Default
woodygb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts