lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2023, 06:12 PM   #21
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Extreme Team issues - post here

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoomba View Post
I opened my battery today and this is what I found. I tried taking the silver piece off the top, but even with the screws out it doesnt want to budge. Probably will have to get that off at some point to get more info on what it actually is. Looks like there used to be a sticker on it at one point at the top. Anyway all I can see is the black wires soldered to the board with C- printed near the connections, and the blue wires soldered onto a side that says B-. Plus the connectors at top covered in some white gunk. Not exactly what I was hoping to find. I do know its an ANT BMS and not a Daly, but I dont know any model or specs for it, despite me asking ET more than once before they went under.
Ok so I know the largest ant bms that is literally plug and pluy with that one is rated at 240amps continuous and 500amps peak.. the Bluetooth app should tell you what model you have but from the amount of leads it looks like you have that model. By the way they do make a nice color touchscreen which will give you state of charge and remaining capacity information it plugs right into that BMS And costs about $30. https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...andl_shipto=US it would have helped with this as you would be able to see whats happening with the bms when it cuts out like the bluetooth app.
I have the pictured 500/240amp bms I bought to use for my diy pack but then decided to go bigger yet.

The following info I got from the seller I bought mine from may help you find your issue.

"Parameters that need to be set up in app :
Step 1: Select the battery cell type set to the corresponding battery cell type li-ion or lifepo4 or LTO in control page of app, then click save in that page too and can show parameters )
Step 2: Modify the physical capacity the same as real capacity
Step 3: Enter the correct Cell Number in fast setting page (for example, if 20S BMS is connected to 17S, actual number of cell needs to be set to 17)

Only these parameters need to set up . Other parameters we recommend you to use default values .

when you are connecting load or charger , manually turn off Dischrage MOS / Charge MOS in control page of app firstly and click save, then connect load or charger .

APP use and other operations video link :https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCGNnC...LOB8A/featured
Newest version Android phone APP :
https://www.antbms.com:10001/apk/antbms.apk
IOS iPhone APP search "antbms" in iPhone APP store.
other English Andorid app and computer software and manual download link :
http://mysharegadget.com/739077737
copy the link and open in another browser !
it can change language to English in APP .
APP/Computer software level 1- level 4 password : 12345678 or 00000000
APP/Computer software level 5 password : 123456789abc or 000000000000
after vertify level 5 , you can set up parameters

APP connection need to pay attention to these :
1. Activate the bms , the bms bluetooth led is flashing.
2. Must agree to open location persmission when you are installing app . And also remember to open your phone positioning.
3 . Put the phone near bms , some phones need more time . some slow phones need to click several times of connect."

I would install the app and see what setting are in place for temp protection and max amp vs continuous amp setting and timeouts because they are all adjustable in the software if you have an android device.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230124_181055.jpg (320.5 KB, 0 views)
augiedoggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-24-2023, 06:19 PM   #22
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Follow Augiedoggy's advice and see if you have communication with the app. We can go from there.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 06:22 PM   #23
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Follow Augiedoggy's advice and see if you have communication with the app. We can go from there.
I just edited my post to include the app link and directions. including the password to change the settings if needed.

shoomba, if this is only acting up in colder temps thats a good indication its not a bms failure but more likely an issue that can be corrected by adjusting the parameters.

Heres the link for more info on your bms.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/22518...andl_shipto=US
Old 01-24-2023, 07:18 PM   #24
shoomba
Not Yet Wild

Wow guys thanks for all the help so far I appreciate it! So I had an Ant BMS app already, but searched for one with all lower case like the instructions said and there apparently was a different one, same logo and everything. Took some fiddling to get the password to work but ultimately I got in. I took screenshots of basically everything but here are the temp and current settings. Nothing looks unreasonable in temp settings to me, and its about 15C in my garage right now and the T1 and T2 sensors at least are showing that. Current seem reasonable as well. However they marketed this battery as a 600 amp battery, and the biggest number I see is 500. I have my controller dialed back to 500 but maybe I need to dial it back more to actually give it head room in the cold. I also dont know how Navitas knows to only go max for x seconds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1145.jpg (53.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1146.jpg (56.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1148.jpg (65.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1149.jpg (66.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1150.jpg (63.7 KB, 0 views)
shoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 08:26 PM   #25
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

If you have you navatis set to draw 500amps from the battery that may be your issue.. Many lithium batteries including this one can only put out like half that for more than 20 seconds or so.. your bms can only support 240amps continuous (500 for short bursts of seconds) I'm not familiar with the navitas unfortunately.
Old 01-24-2023, 08:35 PM   #26
shoomba
Not Yet Wild

Yeah I’ll turn it down some more. I’ve only had it trip maybe a half dozen times, always seemed random. But when it tripped twice back to back the other night just got me concerned, even with Pats jump starter. But it was cold and it had been out in the driveway for a few hours so I’m guessing the cold stressed the already maxed settings.
Old 01-24-2023, 11:15 PM   #27
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Try and stress it again and once it's tripped, look at the app and see if it tells you what the trip condition is. If you can't see anything obvious post the screenshots again and we'll have a look.
Old 01-25-2023, 09:35 AM   #28
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Here are the BMS instructions I created for Extreme Team in case anyone needs them...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ANT_BMS_INST_B.pdf (643.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf DALY_BMS_INST_A.pdf (614.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf DALY_BMS_REPLACE.pdf (822.4 KB, 0 views)
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 04:26 PM   #29
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

I’m sure they will come in handy to others. Thanks Jon
Old 01-25-2023, 05:55 PM   #30
shoomba
Not Yet Wild

I got the battery buttoned up and back in the cart. It seems like most the times I've had problems is when I'm coming back from a neighbors house so I tried to replicate that by letting the cart sit out in the driveway instead of the garage for a few hours and went up and down a long-ish stretch of road. Not sure if it could be relevant, but I do have a light kit, connected to a voltage reducer that's been on when its tripped the last couple times so turned that on just to be curious. Anyway I was able to get it to fault again pretty easily on the first trip downhill, seemed right about when I was approaching my rpm limit(5500rpm ~24mph). I feel like maybe half the times its faulted it was at high speed, and the other half when slowing down to stop, or accelerating after a stop, so all in all pretty random. I took some screenshots in the app it notes a short circuit protect. On the bright side I was able to clear the error with the app and didn't have to use the jump starter, but I'll be keeping that in the cart as a good back up anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1164.jpg (53.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1165.jpg (56.9 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium