lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2022, 01:45 PM   #61
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Electric Moke, need more speed

The software won't work unless you have the specialized cables too. Then you also need their tech support to help with the settings because you can really mess things up in that controller.

The $18 shown is obviously not the whole kit. I spent $180 or so IIRC. It's been a while. Then I also needed right angle USB dongles to get it connected while mounted in the Moke. I was able to get their software to work as well as the cables. It is not terribly difficult but it certainly takes more effort than any US made software. The interface is really not for the end consumer, it's more of a tech interface. So it did work for me after I spent $180 on the kit (that included the cables and software) and had several emails back/forth with Will to see why my initial results weren't good. But after those emails and several trips to Orlando to work on the Moke I got it where it should have been from the factory.

I did look for a US supplier. The last thing I wanted to do was install some random executable from some guy in China on my laptop... But there wasn't an American option. But even worse there wasn't even another Chinese option! It was this guy or nobody. Now that may have changed since I bought the software and cables but last I looked they were still the only game in town.

If you do get the software and cables, please make sure you take pictures of your settings before you start and also don't change a lot at the same time. You can fry these controllers pretty easily. They are not the Iron Man of controllers, more like the dainty flower of controllers... So tread lightly!
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-18-2022, 07:06 PM   #62
Moke
Not Yet Wild

Well, having come to the conclusion that the only options are to buy from a snarky Chinese guy with 58% positive feedback or I can throw a couple hundred at my service tech on the side. I'm shopping local.
Moke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 10:07 AM   #63
Moke
Not Yet Wild

Tech at local dealer is happy to take my $200 and he's bumping the speed for me this weekend. Easy.
Old 10-23-2022, 09:39 AM   #64
hdavidson
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moke View Post
evetrike.com is also the company that sells on AliExpress with 5 fake 5-star reviews and 2 real 1-star reviews that say it "didn't work" to which they replied "it's you, you suck, you're wrong".

https://m.aliexpress.com/i/225580099...apt=4itemAdapt

Not confidence inspiring at all. Anyone have a better source for this?
I had a very positive experience but I’m also technical. Keep in mind the instructions are very poor and require some technical ability to be able to make it work. I suspect the majority of people who have issues are not able to complete the required steps to get the software to talk to the controller. I don’t think it’s the seller’s responsibility.
hdavidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 08:41 AM   #65
Moke
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdavidson View Post
I had a very positive experience but I’m also technical. Keep in mind the instructions are very poor and require some technical ability to be able to make it work. I suspect the majority of people who have issues are not able to complete the required steps to get the software to talk to the controller. I don’t think it’s the seller’s responsibility.
While I agree that many people wouldn't be able to handle it, much of their poor feedback also involves not receiving the product after it was purchased. The seller seems to not give a fk once they get paid.

I have an extensive tech background and this looks very simple to me. I'd just rather not buy from people like that. I'd rather save about $100, not deal with a snarky seller in China, and just have a local tech do the mod. It's so much easier.
Old 11-14-2022, 01:19 PM   #66
PBMoke
Not Yet Wild

Hi All,

I read through this really informative thread a few times and concluded there is no way I am going to re-program my 2022 Moke alone. Can anyone recommend a shop that knows how to do this in Palm Beach or Broward County, FL? I called around and most dealers wont do it.

Thank you!

Palm Beach Moke
PBMoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 07:08 PM   #67
jkatz303
Not Yet Wild

have you found anyone to get you moke to go faster?
jkatz303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 02:50 PM   #68
gregb143
Not Yet Wild

I purchased the adapter to plug into the controller on my Moke. I have the empower mc3336. I have removed the charger that sits on top of the controller but cannot find a place to plug into the controller. Can anyone help?
gregb143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 02:03 PM   #69
gregb143
Not Yet Wild

I just did the upgrade to the rpm’s. It has been working for about a week and all the sudden the Moke won’t go over 15 MPH. Does anyone know why this might happen and what I can do to fix it?
gregb143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 01:38 PM   #70
djgabriel2004
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBMoke View Post
Hi All,

I read through this really informative thread a few times and concluded there is no way I am going to re-program my 2022 Moke alone. Can anyone recommend a shop that knows how to do this in Palm Beach or Broward County, FL? I called around and most dealers wont do it.

Thank you!

Palm Beach Moke
Did you find someone? I’m in Deerfield and I can Reprogram the moke for you. I can also install lithium to improve range and acceleration
djgabriel2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!