lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-15-2021, 02:32 PM   #1
Kale Grimes
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default My ratty ezgo marathon build

So hello all, I thought I’d share my winter project. I scooped up this older ezgo marathon for a shotgun and a bottle of whiskey (seriously). I love the barter system. Mainly I got it because of the metal body and I had an idea for a cart for a while now and when this deal came up I went ahead and snagged it. Basically it’s a bone stock electric cart and the plan was to swap in a gas motor and bag it. So here’s a few pics. Excuse the fuzzy pics, I have pretty much destroyed the camera on my phone
Kale Grimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2021, 11:09 PM   #2
Kale Grimes
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: My ratty ezgo marathon build

3 inch stretch in the back done. Not sure how I want to finish it out back towards the frame. It does leave about 3/4 inches between a factory tire to the inside of the fender.
Old 12-16-2021, 06:32 PM   #3
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Cool project!

If you're going to re-use the electric axle on a gas engine just know the input shaft will need an outer bearing that was normally in the other end of the electric motor. It looks like you already stripped the armature of all the extra copper and stuff you won't need. I did something similar in the Clone Engine Swap section of the forum a few years back.

Here is how I overcame that issue back then.

I love the look of your cart dropped to the ground like that with the added 3"! Really cool.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 11:43 AM   #4
Kale Grimes
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That’s pretty much what I planned. I had the shaft milled down to 1 inch and I’ll be cutting a key way in it. I want to figure out an alternator bracket off the electric motor case also seeing as I’ll be running lights and an air compressor for the suspension. It’s always fun stuffing 10 lbs of crap in a 5 lb box.
Old 12-24-2021, 03:40 PM   #5
Kale Grimes
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

About to button up everything in the back. That motor case was extra thick! They weren’t playing when they designed it. Since the rear got stretched I ended up using the passenger brake cable on the drivers side. Anyone know of a bit longer cable I could use on the passenger side? Anywho, hopefully I can get this thing driving over the weekend, merry Christmas all!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCC0A4FE-E3DB-4CDF-BB06-ED00717EF79F.jpg (136.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 15065344-952D-4DC4-8D29-A042CF150EC8.jpg (132.8 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO