lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2021, 05:03 PM   #11
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Rear Differential: tear down, repair?

I've recently changed my rearend... lift the cart and place 2 jackstands under the frame. Loosen the 6 bolts from motor. Pull the motor off the transaxle and place it between the axle and the battery compartment and secure it with a belt. No need to diconnect the 3 main cables, only the 2 connectors at the motor. Attention, the motor is a heavy beast! Then remove both u-bolts from axle/leafspring. Loosen one leafspring in the back and place it on the ground. Now you can remove the axle assembly easyly.

As the oem axle parts are very expensive, it's may a better option to buy a new transaxle as i did. The 2013+ version was sold last august for 820$... ( only the main gears costs around 600$ )
Forgot the shocks, best to remove them...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200722_112021.jpg (148.0 KB, 0 views)
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-15-2021, 05:16 PM   #12
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggieman18 View Post
Rib: What lift do you use?

This is the lift I have. https://www.ultimatecyclelifts.com/

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...21&postcount=3
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 07:27 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggieman18 View Post
Question to all: with the axle assembly off, where do you put the supporting rear jacks?

Also: Looking at the manual kindly supplied by JohnnieB, there are a number of seals/o-rings that may have to be replaced. Do these come in a kit or do I need to order each one al la carte?
Put jackstands on frame, just in front of leaf spring mounts, theres a nice "saddle" there where the jack stands cant possibly move.

No "kits" available from the OEM, and I'd be leery of china aftermarket kits.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 09:07 PM   #14
Buggieman18
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Nice lift. Just like a motorcycle lift, but taller! Wish I had one when I had my bike.
Buggieman18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 08:27 PM   #15
Buggieman18
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

UPDATE!

Recap:

I hear banging sound under cart, felt by hand to be in gear box. Dropped pan, oil good, no broken or loose parts. Spun the motor front and back, no broken gear teeth, no rattles, no grinding. Put it down on the tires and rolled it, there is that banging sound again.

Wheel bearing on right?

Cleaned pan, re-installed with new grey RTV gear silicone, let sit overnight. Pulled passenger wheel, axle shaft, bearing looked a little old but seemed smooth, I replaced it anyway. Also replaced the oil seal while there. Filled pan with 25 -27 cc Mobile 75W-90 gear oil with posi. Did same on the driver's side, bearing was found to be falling apart. Replaced with new bearing, replace oil seal. Put 'er back together.

Test drive----sound gone. And dang, it's smooth and very quiet with new bearings and new oil.

Verdict: it was either a binding left or right wheel bearing with referred sound to the gear box.

Thanks everyone for the help!
Buggieman18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 12:47 PM   #16
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I just moved the limited slip from a RXV into a TXT axle. Here are some photos of it. Very easy to pull the Dana Spicer differentials apart.

This is what the diff looks like with the pan off and oil out. I have the axle off the cart so the angle won't be the same as when on the cart as its facing up in this shot. But, you get the idea.

IMG_1582.jpg

To remove this part you just remove the four bolts and it slides right out. You will see that there are bearings on either side. Those bearings if they go will sound very angry and put metal into the pan etc... To remove this part you have to slide out both axles.

IMG_1590.jpg

Limited slip with the ring removed...

IMG_1592.jpg

Side by side of the RXV limited slip and the standard TXT that I replaced. I took the ring off to put the 12.44:1 ring on the RXV limited slip and it into the TXT axle.

IMG_1597.jpg

Now you could have bad bearings that got into the gear. You could have stripped gears etc. You could have a blown axle shaft bearing as well. You will see everything once you take it apart. Make sure the bearings are ok on the axles and on the limited slip. If they are bad change them. If the gear is worn at all you will need to change it.

All your axle ends need to not be worn. You will know if they are worn out. Make sure that your axle ends that the hubs go on are not stripped or the hubs are stripped.

Hope this helps anyone coming to this thread.

When the axle bearing is gone the axle will go in at a weird angle and fight the limited slip gear and make horrible noises. Don't run on a cart with a blown axle bearing for too long as you can really mess up the guts of the diff.
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 09:49 AM   #17
Anakalypto
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Will the ring gear on a Medalist (‘95) fit an RXV carrier? Axle part #73069G01

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anakalypto is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO