lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2021, 09:50 AM   #1
Northern Tool Man
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Torque / Speed Motor for 2007 EzGo TXT

Guys i need a little assistance. I have a 2007 Ezgo TXT that I have switched to a 48V cart. I have added The Alltrax SR48500 Controller, 400AMP Solenoid and solenoid forward and reverse. I am still running the stock AMD AO2-4012 motor. It is getting up to 19mph on a full charge. Looking to replace the final peace, the motor. I would like to be able to get 25mph. i have been looking at the D&D 13-1 and the AMD 7124. Just curious if anyone is running this set up with either of these motors and what kind of results they are getting. I am running 23" tires and have a back seat on the cart with a 6" lift. from my calculations either motor would have to be running 4600 RPM to achieve 25mph. Will either of these motors be able of doing that with the load i have on my cart?
Northern Tool Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2021, 11:57 AM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Torque / Speed Motor for 2007 EzGo TXT

Check out BGW member https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/member.php?u=79135 (Sir Nuke). In his signature you will see he is running the 7126 Rapter motor (30 mph) in an almost identical cart right down to the year model (2007). Think it has been trouble free for years but you could PM him for details to see if how he uses his cart would be similar to you.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 08:26 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Tool Man View Post
Guys i need a little assistance. I have a 2007 Ezgo TXT that I have switched to a 48V cart. I have added The Alltrax SR48500 Controller, 400AMP Solenoid and solenoid forward and reverse. I am still running the stock AMD AO2-4012 motor. It is getting up to 19mph on a full charge. Looking to replace the final peace, the motor. I would like to be able to get 25mph. i have been looking at the D&D 13-1 and the AMD 7124. Just curious if anyone is running this set up with either of these motors and what kind of results they are getting. I am running 23" tires and have a back seat on the cart with a 6" lift. from my calculations either motor would have to be running 4600 RPM to achieve 25mph. Will either of these motors be able of doing that with the load i have on my cart?
As Kernal mentioned....and as you can see in my sig the spec's of my cart....and its what you have minus your current motor. one thing to keep in mind is that where I live its TOTALLY flat....no hills at all, but if where you primarily use your cart is fairly flat you would have the same performance as mine. I do go "off road" at times but its just established trails, so that's pretty much the same as the street. the 7124 will get you a little more torque/less speed, but I don't know how much. All I know is with my application, I love my RAPTOR (7126)….AND MY WHOLE BUILD HAS BEED 100% TROUBLE FREE for the 6-1/2 yrs I have had it.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 10:53 AM   #4
Northern Tool Man
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sir Nuke did you run your current system on the stock motor before you changed to your current? Trying to get an idea about torque loss or gain. If I could keep the current torque and gain speeds to 30mph I think I found my motor. What RPM are you topping out at? According to my calculations you should be turning around 5500 RPM.
Old 02-23-2021, 11:21 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

AMD 7124 = high torque
AMD 7126 = high speed

Can we help you get the right motor?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:51 PM   #6
Northern Tool Man
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

scottyb i am looking to be at least 25 on flat ground but not lose torque i am getting from the stock motor i have now. Any suggestions? Also with what i am running what would you estimate the top speed would be on the AMD 7124?
Old 02-24-2021, 06:41 AM   #7
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Sir Nuke did you run your current system on the stock motor before you changed to your current? Trying to get an idea about torque loss or gain. If I could keep the current torque and gain speeds to 30mph I think I found my motor. What RPM are you topping out at? According to my calculations you should be turning around 5500 RPM.
yes I did run it with the stock motor for a short time, ACTUALLY I ran it at 36v for a while....then upgraded to 48v.....so there was a huge difference from a stock motor at 36v to my RAPTOR (7126) at 48v......I could feel the difference between the 7126 from 36v to 48v as well.

remember....when you go from 36v to 48v with the only change being voltage, you gain roughly 33% more torque and speed.
Old 02-24-2021, 11:54 AM   #8
Northern Tool Man
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sir Nuke I too noticed a huge increase when i went to 48V. Really happy with the torque i am getting from the current set up, just don't want to lose any going to the 7126. Did you run at 48V with the stock motor to have some comparison? If so did you see any less torque?
Old 02-24-2021, 12:57 PM   #9
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Sir Nuke I too noticed a huge increase when i went to 48V. Really happy with the torque i am getting from the current set up, just don't want to lose any going to the 7126. Did you run at 48V with the stock motor to have some comparison? If so did you see any less torque?
no, I did my upgrade to the drive system, everything but the motor and stayed at 36v as I had just bought a new set....within a week I got the motor and at 36v I was running about 25 mph on the street on flat ground....a couple years go by and made the jump to 48v.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO