lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2021, 04:44 AM   #71
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: SO CLOSE to moving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
I got excited.......... Figured since it "worked" before (barely) it had to work again, right? Went out and hooked everything up (again no sparks or magic smoke!) and I slowly pushed the pedal-WooHoo!!!!! She spun the wheels! Slowly at first, and then I built up a bit of speed (all on jacks-I have to go see some friends that came in from out of town (don't tell Newsom!) and don't have time to shuffle the garage around and actually take it for a ride-dangit!).

It sounds like I have some rubbing on the brake pads so I will have to look into that, and I still need to fool around to get full pedal, but she should roll on her own tomorrow!!!

So thankful for all who offered help and encouragement!! And just in case you think that since I got this running (somewhat) and won't be here anymore, I have a ton more stupid questions to ask so you are stuck with me!

A zillion thanks again for getting me this far!!!

EDIT-I tried to upload a quick video for proof but it wouldn't go :(
Take it out and drive it like you stole it. Don't do anything else until you do this.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2021, 11:51 AM   #72
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks gang!! I am pretty excited to shuffle stuff around in the garage and get the old gal out for her maiden voyage! I think I may ease into the pedal at first (2' from a fence does not sound like a goal to beat!) and I definitely will save the brake issue for after the test run (I could always push the cart easily but something is definitely dragging and needs attention).

Thank you all again for all the support and encouragement!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 11:59 AM   #73
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Don't be this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJJqEunzx78
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 12:16 PM   #74
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Not once, but twice!!

I am going to push my cart out into the driveway before I do anything!
Old 01-17-2021, 01:36 PM   #75
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Since it's been sitting a while you may just have a little surface rust starting on the inside of the brake drums. Do your test drive and see if it doesn't scrub off.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 01:43 PM   #76
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think it sat for many years in an old field before I got it, and then it took me 8 months to get it to this point! There is a good chance that I might find Jimmy Hoffa in there once I open it up!

Couple of quick pics for reference from the day it arrived.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Club Car 1.jpg (159.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Club Car 4.jpg (121.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-17-2021, 05:30 PM   #77
morvolts2
Gone Wild

looks like something Ive drug home before
quite the transformation.
morvolts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 09:14 PM   #78
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

It was a fun project; I'd (usually) rather make something mine than buy it already done. My son dropped it off one day and it offered me a challenge :)

Finally drove it today-WooHoo!! Wife and I took a couple of spins up the street and back and then my son came by and we took it out again. Initially I could only get about 13 mph out of it so I spent some time (quite a bit actually) trying to adjust the go pedal, and now can get almost 20 mph out of it (GPS app on my phone). I am not getting full pedal (I did Ohm out at 1.08 as the personal best) so I know that I can't be getting everything out of this and I can't seem to figure out how to get the remaining juice.

I had a piece of fuel line around one of the forks (front one) and I took that off and cut a piece of pex pipe to fit (I think that is why I got the extra mph as it did not compress like the fuel line). Something is still not right though and I tried adjusting the go pedal (went too far and lost the park function on the brake so backed it off again) and I just am not seeing the trick to dial this in (I am going to search the site tonight some more and then will probably call a site sponsor tomorrow if I can't figure it out). Does anyone know how much extra I should get (or what percentage I am getting now) once I actually get full throttle?

It was pretty cool to actually go for a ride after all these months; put a pretty big smile on my face (and the wife was pretty excited as well-I think she was truly starting to think that I was never gonna get this thing to move!).
Old 01-17-2021, 10:02 PM   #79
morvolts2
Gone Wild

wheres the fireworks emoji?
morvolts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 10:14 PM   #80
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Congratulations, job well done

As far as the speed you should be able to get more, do You know if the 1268 Controller was programmed with a particular RPM limit?

I can get 28mph with my stock motor and the Altrax XCT, my rpm is limited to 6,500 rpm.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car