lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2021, 10:11 AM   #51
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: V Twin Club - Who's In?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectClubCar View Post
Dose interchangeable engine's count?
Like from 23hp Vanguard to 670, or 670 to Vanguard 23hp....
Cause i have both.....
YOU'RE IN! TWICE!! How's she running?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2021, 08:30 AM   #52
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Slo,
The 670 is actually a sweet motor, it lacks the v-roooom of my Vanguard, but is a lot smoother and quiter, the smoothness of the 670 makes it a real pleasure to drive, even my wife made mention of the difference between the 2. The 670 is just temporary, it allows me to ride the golf cart while working on my Vanguard.....
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 10:35 AM   #53
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectClubCar View Post
Slo,
The 670 is actually a sweet motor, it lacks the v-roooom of my Vanguard, but is a lot smoother and quiter, the smoothness of the 670 makes it a real pleasure to drive, even my wife made mention of the difference between the 2. The 670 is just temporary, it allows me to ride the golf cart while working on my Vanguard.....
That's good info! I saw the same difference when going from the 23 to the 16, smoother, quieter, easier for the wife to drive. Might have to try a 670!
Old 01-02-2021, 05:10 PM   #54
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Not me!!!!

I love tearing up the grass, the neighbors giving me the finger telling me i am #1....
Going 40mph in 50 feet....
But what i really enjoy is pulling wheelies in front of the side by sides, knowing most cant do that.....
And just for the record I have a video at one of the "CAWS" of my cart going up a very Steep Hill, it was one of those hold my beers and watch this!!!!! the only thing you can see in the video is my Texas flag waving in the wind as I'm going up that steep SOB.....
Good Times....
those 26" Goodyears on the back of my cart are called mud runners, and they all are that.... I've been in mud so deep that you can see the cart body dragging, no rooster Tails just constant motion going forward, holding your breath trying to find hard ground...... Good Times!!!!
the trick is not to spill your beer, there are penalties and deductions for such a good waste of a beer.....
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 06:40 AM   #55
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Not golf carts but I have quickly come to love my 23 HP VG twins. I'd put one in my golf cart for sure but I have a Honda single in it and a clone that would fit right in if needed. They work great. I installed a VG 23 HP in a JD 400 recently and I also bought a JD 420 with one already in it a few weeks ago. I come here for most of the info about them. They're used in the garden tractor world but not as extensively as with carts.

The 400 VG engine has been cleaned up and painted JD colors. Takes about 10 seconds to start it if it's cold. I switched to a 12V pump instead of the pulse pump but it didn't make any difference. The 420 just has a pulse pump and takes the same amount of cranking to fire up.

The 420 engine is in progress. Lots of cleanup and a few repairs to do. There are some differences between the two VG's. Nothing major. The dipstick is in a different spot on the 420 VG and it has an an oil cooler. It also has the most cobbled up exhaust pipes I've ever seen. Whoever put the engine in was an expert with willy nilly mods. Just about everything was done wrong.
army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 11:54 AM   #56
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Old 01-13-2021, 02:21 PM   #57
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

Working on it, but not a member yet.

Waiting on an email from CPP on a parts list I need to order. Been having a VG 23 on the shelf for a few years now got my G22A. Finally got some room in the shop to start this project.
MudHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 06:44 AM   #58
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudHog View Post
Working on it, but not a member yet.

Waiting on an email from CPP on a parts list I need to order. Been having a VG 23 on the shelf for a few years now got my G22A. Finally got some room in the shop to start this project.
You will love it !!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 12:29 PM   #59
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
You will love it !!
Thanks. Ordered everything except the wiring harness and cables today. Now to wait for FedEx.

I find it ironic that when I first joined here I was looking at the 16hp and 23hp. Since then I've started helping out at a local engine shop where I do most of the porting on the mud motor heads which is the bigger big block 37s and there about. I've done some porting on the 23hp heads and man those are tiny compared to the others. I would read up here about how to get the engines to rev higher and then came into the same thing on the mud motor side. I see a lot of similarities between the mud motor side and the golf cart side. Both are trying to achieve higher rpms with more power.
MudHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 05:46 PM   #60
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudHog View Post
Thanks. Ordered everything except the wiring harness and cables today. Now to wait for FedEx.

I find it ironic that when I first joined here I was looking at the 16hp and 23hp. Since then I've started helping out at a local engine shop where I do most of the porting on the mud motor heads which is the bigger big block 37s and there about. I've done some porting on the 23hp heads and man those are tiny compared to the others. I would read up here about how to get the engines to rev higher and then came into the same thing on the mud motor side. I see a lot of similarities between the mud motor side and the golf cart side. Both are trying to achieve higher rpms with more power.
Are you in the Vtwin club yet?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!